The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State, one of the twelve newly- established Federal Universities in Nigeria, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- The Director of Physical Planning and Development is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the physical development of the University, is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects; ensures quality and standard of structures in the University through proper advice and Liaison with relevant bodies involved in the construction of all structures of the University and ensures proper preparation of tender documents for the University.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University, must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phased development plans of the University.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree from a recognized university in Building, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or related field or a Masters degree in Architecture from a recognized University with not less than sixteen (16) years cognate experience, eight(s) of which must be unbroken service in a University system or similar, institution.
- Candidate must have attained the rank of a Deputy Director or its equivalent in a University system or similar institution.
- Must be a registered and current member of a relevant professional body such as ARGON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON etc.
- Candidate must also be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
go to method of application »
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible for the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affair of the University.
- By virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget as ‘veil as the periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates of the University.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the, University financial statements and management accounts for internal and external audit.
- This Officer is expected to provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the Institutions financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree or equivalent in Accounting from a recognized institution, possession of higher degrees is an advantage.
- Must be a qualified and current member of any professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN,
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which, must be unbroken service in the University system.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Candidates for any of the three positions above are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials.
The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone phone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Proof of current membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees.
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner to:
Federal University Otuoke,
Note: Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their recommendations under confidential cover to the Registrar.