Latest Vacancy at Stresert
Posted on: 13 February, 2015
Deadline: 28 February, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Our client is one of the top three Nigerian leading banks. Due to growth, there exists a training manager role in the training school.
Ikeja, Lagos State
To deliver professional and quality learning solutions, training and related staff development programmes to all staff of the Channel Operations unit of the Bank’s Personal and Business Banking unit. The initiatives implemented are to align with the strategic intent and direction of the overall business and result in improved individual and business performance. To ensure that all programmes implemented result in positive return on investment for the business.
- Own the process of ensuring that the learning and development needs of the Channel Operations unit staff are proactively identified and met.
- Partner with the Channel Operations unit in ensuring a structured approach to the delivery of identified needs.
- Vendor engagement: Identify suitable training vendors and ensure satisfactory delivery of programmes.
- Own the process of developing Personal Development Plans for all Channel Operations staff.
- Implementation of Personal Development Plans in the most cost effective manner
- Ensure alignment of leaning and development programmes to the Personal and Business Banking (PBB) Unit’s strategy
- Ensure all programmes implemented result in a positive return on investment and impact the bottom line positively by measuring the impact of key learning initiatives with a view to determining ROI (Return on training investments)
- Update learning intervention materials in line with policy/procedural/legislative changes.
- Update existing learning Pathway per role for channel Operations staff
- Render periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual ) L&D activity reports to the business and the line.
- Facilitate learning / training programmes
- Deliver an e-learning framework and content for Channel Operations.
- Drive the usage of online learning and alternative learning platforms
- Influence behaviours towards desired change
Administration of Initiatives
- Ensure the tracking of all course attendance via SAP LSO across the business
- Devise monitoring tools and thereafter monitor effectiveness of training and other people development activities.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation of programmes to ensure the right people are developed, their performance improved and that there is a return on investment for the business
- Manage overall Learning and Development budget – keep track of L&D expenditure ensuring reconciliation of L&D accounts
- Management of the Learning & Development centre
Team Work & Managing Relationships
- Establish and leverage relationships with third party training suppliers
- Effective relationship management within the L&D team to ensure achievement of business goals
- Consult with the business functional leadership and HC Business Partners (HC BP) to establish priority needs within the bank annually
- Work closely with the HC team and the business leaders to deliver exceptional business performance through the provision of first class people development initiatives.
- Share best practice with, and provide feedback to, the business leadership on people related issues, climate and local development and initiatives.
- Work with HC and business leadership to identify and implement Leadership development initiatives.
- Build effective relationships, influence and motivate business leaders to ensure their wholehearted commitment to effective application of people development policies and practices e.g. coaching, capability mapping, people plans etc.
- Personal update of information from circulars/GRG
- Lead training in line with new business initiatives – own responsibility
- Certified on “Train the Trainer”.
- Personal accreditation as Master Assessor
- Flawless consulting skills
- Business Acumen
Consult with the line
- Provide advice to business units/Point of Representation (POR’s) regarding learning interventions e.g. content, target audience, availability, delivery channels, description of learning intervention, expected learning outcomes etc.
- Conduct needs analyses/skills audits in the business to ascertain knowledge and skills gaps and the relevance of current core learning interventions e.g. Content, target audience, availability, delivery channels etc.
- Act as change agent
- Establish close working relationships with countries, matrix managers, line manager, HC managers and all other stakeholders in supporting the business plan / strategies.
Key performance measures
- Percentage completion of planned programs
- Completion of and implementation of Personal Development Plans
- Return on Investment on implemented programs
- Effective management of allotted budget / Cost efficiency.
- Alignment of implemented programmes to business strategy
- Highly effective / hitch-free service delivery on a consistent basis
- Minimum of a 2.2 first degree in any relevant social science course.
- A Master’s degree or a Professional certificate in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in HR / people development roles with a good understanding of delivery of Learning and Development interventions.
- Previous experience in business line will be an advantage
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Facilitation and presentation
- Business Knowledge & Contribution
- Knowledge Management
- Consulting skills
- Administrative capabilities
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service orientation
- Logical thinker
- Team Player
- Able to demonstrate and motivate new operational standard
- People Management skills
Method of Application
Forward all applications to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘TRAINING MANAGER’ as subject of application. Application closes 28th February, 2015.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Medical Call Centre Agent at Imisi Partners
- Drivers at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at AiQ Capital Management Limited
- Fund Manager at AT&A Asset Management Limited
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Head Of Internal Operations at a Non-Banking Financial Organisation - Fadac Resources
- HR Assistant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)