FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
The Project Planner has the overall responsibility for various project plans. Responsible for reporting in accordance with Contract and FMC’s instructions and processes.
- Authority to act on behalf of the Project Manager in all areas of project planning.
- Decisions which have schedule and cost impact need to be approved by Project Manager prior to implementation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for project scheduling AEIP milestone tracking for the department/project.
- Builds and maintains relationship with the Product Engineering Manager, Project Coordinators, Project Managers, associated Operations personnel as well as senior management.
- Coordinates communication between the various functional areas and other FMC product areas using the scheduling system.
- Conducts and/or participates in schedule audits with the Product Planning Analysts, Product Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers and with senior management as appropriate to ensure schedule accuracy and validity requirements are met.
- Prepares reports for the Project Manager including consolidated project schedule and summary updates.
- Supervises preparation of FMC Management Reports such as monthly strategic schedule updates, project status S curves and resource histograms for senior management.
- Ensures that a document control procedure is in place and is followed.
- Recommends product specific procedural changes to Project Services Manager.
- Assists with the development of Project Services Management Resource Plans.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's in Business, Engineering, Procurement, Operations or related field. Technical background is a plus (2-5 years relevant experience).
- Must have a basic understanding of Project Management and Project Control techniques and standards. PMP certification is an advantage.
- Product knowledge of at least one product line or work package group is beneficial.
- 2-5 years of experience in numerous disciplines such as Engineering, Procurement, Planning, Cost or Quality Assurance, or 2-5 years of experience in a Project Management or Support function.
- Must have ability to work within a multi-cultural team and to contribute significantly to project team performance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the communication process and ensures effectiveness (written, verbal and listening) across functional and managerial boundaries and with external customers.
- Has ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
- Capability to lead internal meetings regarding schedule.
- Strong computer proficiency with applicable software such as Primavera or other performance based project management software, MS Project, MS Access, relevant SAP modules for Project Planners, standard MS Office applications.
- Shows understanding of division’s business and external and internal factors affecting business.
- Has ability to recognize contractual and internal requirements and variances from standards and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Consists of solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works accurate and pays attention to details. Has ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Is familiar with compliance, regulatory and technical risks and the mitigation of those risks.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale