Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Management Information System (MIS) Officer will play a key role in implementing the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) funded by the UK Department for International Development, a joint project being implemented by Save the Children UK (SC) and Action Against Hunger (ACF). The MIS Officer’s role will be largely limited to the establishment, management and capacity building of local staff on project information system for greater project reporting and overall impact.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Establishment of an integrated MIS into the CDGP to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology
• Ensure proper and timely implementation, management and capacity building on MIS
• Document good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Represent ACF in relevant local forums and technical working groups where necessary
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Minimum of two years’ experience working with donor funded programming
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word)
• Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program
• Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
• Fluent in English
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
• Fluent in Hausa
• Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• IT troubleshooting capabilities
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 22nd February 2015 will not be considered.