Vacancies in a Multinational Maritime Company
Posted on: 12 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A MULTINATIONAL company in the MARITIME sector of the economy is searching for vibrant, energetic, focused individuals to join its winning team in the following positions:
To have a full oversight of security within and around theorganlzatlon's premises which include physical, digital and regulatory.
Supervise and co-ordinate the activitiesof personnel assigned to maintain security and safety of people and property.
- Incidence response planning
- Incident reporting - correct and accurate reporting of incidents of all kinds: physical, digital and regulatory.
- Conducting briefings at the start of shifts, giving security officers update on security matters.
- Scheduling security officers to cover designated facilities and shifts
- Conducting spot/mystery checks on various locations to ensure security officers perform their duties and also look out for potential safety/fire hazards and unusual or suspicious activities/persons.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments on safety and making recommendations for reviews/improvements of existing procedures.
- Dealing appropriately with records and incidence reported by security officers and staff in general and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensuring full compliance with security codes such as the ISO and ISPC codes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative ofthe knowledge skills and/or ability required.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively within a team
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate action to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviours.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
- Skills in observing situations and decision making.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and commutation skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including people of different cultures.
- Ability to maintain a sense of calmness and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in others.
- Abilityto use initiative and be adaptable.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top managements, public group and/or board of directors.
- A degree in a Social Science discipline. A higher degree is anadded advantage.
- Certificate training on security and safety especially in the maritime industry is key.
- Experience in a managements/supervisory role.
- Must have extensive knowledge of security situations in the industry and country as a whole.
- Must have strong integrity and ethical values.
- Must have strong negotiation skills. Must be proactive
- Must be good at organizing and setting priorities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment. Must be self motivated and committed
- Must be reliable and trustworthy. Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
go to method of application »
- General maintenance of assigned trailer/truck
- Daily routine checks on assigned vehidels) e.g. engine oil, water levele.t.c.
- Reporting break-downs and raislngwork orders for repairs.
- Keeping all necessary vehicle particulars in a good condition.
- Obeying all road and traffic regulations.
- Ensuring that the company trailer/truck is used exdusivelyfor company's business.
- Conveying of consignments to our depot/dealers and customers in all locations in the country.
- Handling any other duties assigned.
- Minimum of SSCE, WASC or GCE O'level.
- At least five (5) years driving experience of trailers/trucks.
- Age range between 30 and 45 years.
- Agood knowledge oftraffic laws and road signs.
- A valid driver's license (E-class)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send application and CV to appropriate emails below
Chief Security Officer >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
Trailer Driver >>> email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)
- Warehouse Manager at The Afriglobal Group