Vacancies in a Multinational Maritime Company
Posted on: 12 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
A MULTINATIONAL company in the MARITIME sector of the economy is searching for vibrant, energetic, focused individuals to join its winning team in the following positions:
To have a full oversight of security within and around theorganlzatlon's premises which include physical, digital and regulatory.
Supervise and co-ordinate the activitiesof personnel assigned to maintain security and safety of people and property.
- Incidence response planning
- Incident reporting - correct and accurate reporting of incidents of all kinds: physical, digital and regulatory.
- Conducting briefings at the start of shifts, giving security officers update on security matters.
- Scheduling security officers to cover designated facilities and shifts
- Conducting spot/mystery checks on various locations to ensure security officers perform their duties and also look out for potential safety/fire hazards and unusual or suspicious activities/persons.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments on safety and making recommendations for reviews/improvements of existing procedures.
- Dealing appropriately with records and incidence reported by security officers and staff in general and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensuring full compliance with security codes such as the ISO and ISPC codes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative ofthe knowledge skills and/or ability required.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively within a team
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate action to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviours.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
- Skills in observing situations and decision making.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and commutation skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including people of different cultures.
- Ability to maintain a sense of calmness and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in others.
- Abilityto use initiative and be adaptable.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top managements, public group and/or board of directors.
- A degree in a Social Science discipline. A higher degree is anadded advantage.
- Certificate training on security and safety especially in the maritime industry is key.
- Experience in a managements/supervisory role.
- Must have extensive knowledge of security situations in the industry and country as a whole.
- Must have strong integrity and ethical values.
- Must have strong negotiation skills. Must be proactive
- Must be good at organizing and setting priorities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment. Must be self motivated and committed
- Must be reliable and trustworthy. Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
go to method of application »
- General maintenance of assigned trailer/truck
- Daily routine checks on assigned vehidels) e.g. engine oil, water levele.t.c.
- Reporting break-downs and raislngwork orders for repairs.
- Keeping all necessary vehicle particulars in a good condition.
- Obeying all road and traffic regulations.
- Ensuring that the company trailer/truck is used exdusivelyfor company's business.
- Conveying of consignments to our depot/dealers and customers in all locations in the country.
- Handling any other duties assigned.
- Minimum of SSCE, WASC or GCE O'level.
- At least five (5) years driving experience of trailers/trucks.
- Age range between 30 and 45 years.
- Agood knowledge oftraffic laws and road signs.
- A valid driver's license (E-class)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send application and CV to appropriate emails below
Chief Security Officer >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
Trailer Driver >>> email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited
- Truck Driver at Thasious International Company (Nigeria) Limited
- Job Vacancies at APM Terminals
- Maintenance Engineer at Redline Logistics