Senior Estimator at Crystal Blend
Posted on: 13 December, 2011
Deadline: 27 December, 2011
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Crystal Blend
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ESTIMATOR (OIL & GAS)
JOB REF # : VAC1969
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
My client is a Global integrated Oil and Gas company, employing over 100,000 staff worldwide achieving revenues in excess of N15 trillion last year.
They were recently awarded several new Oil and Gas licenses meaning significant growth of their Global business through the development of a focused portfolio of exploration and production assets in this core area of activity.
This new growth coupled with a range of existing projects means they are seeking to employ a Senior Estimator for their Port Harcourt office.
Reports to the Project Delivery Manager
The role is to define and manage the estimating process in accordance with the requirements of the development process. To prepare and maintain estimates for all developments from appraisal through to sanction in relation to existing and new assets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Accountable for defining the estimation process, selection of appropriate estimating system and its implementation.
• Responsible for the development and control of project estimates from the early stages of a project through to implementation.
• Responsible for verifying and if required challenging estimates provided by company and contractor personnel.
• Responsible for creating, building and maintaining an estimating database for the company.
• Responsible for setting up and managing of appropriate benchmarking agreements in support of developments.
SIGNIFICANT INTERNAL AND / OR EXTERNAL INTERFACES:
All clients functional disciplines, Corporate, Projects Community of Practice and all major contractors and suppliers.
This role is a stand alone position and will require a candidate to work very much under their own initiative, the client is looking for someone who can drive their estimating function and suggest and implement a new system so it essential that applicants feel confident that they can perform under this pressure in this sort of role.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with a BEng / BSc in a relevant discipline (Estimating, QS etc) with previous experience in the use of benchmarking, the assessment and challenge of internal and external estimates and have previously worked in Oil and Gas estimating role. As a minimum, candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS:
Superior communications and networking skills.
Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
Enthusiastic with a questioning and challenging attitude.
Accomplished planning and organisation skills.
Ability to work with and for multiple customers.
Ability to work under own initiative.
Strong command of English language (written and spoken).
International/intercultural experience would be an advantage.
Experience from upstream and downstream, Greenfield and Brownfield Oil & Gas projects is essential but the ideal candidate will have Greenfield offshore asset experience from FEED study through to implementation.
SEND YOUR UPDATED CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK LINK TO APPLY http://www.crystalblendng.com/view_vacancy.asp?vID=1969
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Crystal BlendSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Sales Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry - Michael Page
- Job Openings at Tsachal Limited