Summary of Job
The incumbent of the position is responsible for: a) Supporting the Chief Commercial Officer to implement the business expansion plans of the bank across Nigeria in manner that ensures uniform application of the bank’s brand, policy and processes b)support and monitor the regional teams and the branch managers in achieving the objectives of the bank; c) Provide support to the Regional Managers to achieve business growth by achieving the targets set for the regions and branches; d) provide support to ensure compliance of the policies and procedures of the bank in the branches through regular monitoring and follow-up; e) provide support to ensure the safeguard of the assets and interests of the bank across the region network and f) support the regional teams to create and maintain good relationship with various stakeholders (i.e. regulators, donors and the communities).
- Establish the policies, processes and procedures for business expansion across the regions together with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Operations officer; covering new market overview and feasibility report, zoning methodology, approval process, credit process, branch opening, business development, product modifications etc.
- Develop a template for branch expansion and/or developing outreach across regions taking into consideration regulatory and legal compliances as required.
- Plan and implement branch network expansion/services delivery across regions in a well thought out and methodical manner to achieve time bound network expansion milestones.
- Lead the process for training the regional and area managers to enable them fully and successfully establish in the new regions and provide ongoing hands on support for each new region established for first 12 months.
- Provide leadership to the regional team and branches in achieving the objectives and targets set for the regions and branches.
- Ensure that the Regions under his supervision fully comply with all the policies and procedures covering credit, financial and human resources of the bank.
- Follow up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs sometimes the Regional Loan Committee.
- Developing staff capacity through ongoing need-assessment and support to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of resources, share success stories & best practices across regions and provide mentoring/coaching as may be required.
- Follow up of the recovery plan at regional level in coordination with the Recovery Manager and Regional Recovery Supervisors.
- Update of the market situation, particularly, competitors to Accion Microfinance Bank and build national level efficiency and competitive advantage for AMfB.
- Scale up outreach of the bank’s operations within the regions, in accordance with the approved budget while ensuring the quality of the portfolio.
- Facilitate development of annual budget and implementation plans in consultation with the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Conduct periodic and regular visits to various Regions, branches and sub-branches to provide management and operational oversight so as to help co-ordinate activities and link capabilities across regions.
- Support the Regional Managers to achieve various planned business, operational and management targets in timely manner.
- Support regional manager to ensure accountability for all regional fixed assets in terms of their adequate and updated inventory records, being utilized properly and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
- Comply with reporting requirements as required to update the CCO and Management team on overall regional expansion and business growth measures taken time to time.
- Any other identical task as may be agreed from time to time with the Chief Commercial Officer.
Desired Skills and Experience
Job Requirements (Minimum Requirements)
A. Education: Academic Bachelors degree in economics or sciences. Masters or MBA is preferred.
B. Experience: At least 8 - 10 years experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 5 years of it serving in a managerial role in charge of regional branch expansion and business growth.
C. Skills: Ability to recognize opportunities and risks across operations boundaries in regions. , ability to co-ordinate activities among teams across regions , ability to track product and market trends across regions, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, advance understanding of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking will be required
D. Personal Traits: Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.