FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
FINCA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily banking activities in line with the banking policies and procedures.
- Maintain the security of the assets of both the clients and staff of FINCA in line with the banking, Administration policies and procedures.
- Supervise the banking staff and maintain high levels of staff productivity and customer service standards in line with the FINCA Nigeria Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Implement the internal controls in line with FN set policies and procedures .
- Participate in the liquidity management of the Branch to support the daily business operations in line with the Treasury Manual
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly periodic performance reports as per the reporting schedule of the Back and front office activities in accordance with the FINCA Nigeria reporting deadlines.
- Participate in the preparation and management of the branch plans and budgets in accordance with the FINCA Nigeria Operating plan
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related numerical fields
- 4 years of relevant experience in banking
- Exposure to lending practice is desired
- Strong Supervisory and people management skills and experience
- Fluency in English required, Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Leading with integrity - Reinforces our values through daily behaviour and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
Employee engagement - Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
Responsible for results - Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
Recruitment and staffing - Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Financial responsibility - Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- An effective implementer of organizational policies and procedures at the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country (30% of the time)
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
- See more at: http://fincang.simplicant.com/jobs/17782-banking-services-supervisor/detail#sthash.8MeMIwXI.dpuf