Oxfam Novib is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.
Our program is focused on economic justice, gender justice, governance and humanitarian work with a stronger focus on influencing the power dynamics that create poverty and inequality.
Oxfam Novib is seeking to fill the position of:
Job ID: #842466
Work Time: 40 hours a week
Reference number: 5-259
- The Country Director is responsible for all Oxfam's programme in Nigeria, ensuring high levels of accountability and program impact.
- Our ideal Country Director has seen it all.
- He/she knows how to run a team, knows his/her way around HR, budget steering and facility management.
- He/she has an engaging personality, is politically savvy and has already a profound network in the region.
- He/she also has a good view on program development and execution quality.
- He/she has also proven experience in building and maintaining relationships with major donors.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of Oxfam’s program in country including all development, advocacy, and humanitarian programming to maximise our influence and impact, and leads the design, and implementation of the One Oxfam organisation;
- Creates and supports an environment which results in strong partnerships, influence, knowledge sharing and innovation;
- Accountable for the delivery, effective management and monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programme against the annual budget and plan;
- Accountable to the Country Governance Group (CGG) for strategic oversight, programme accountability and affiliation process where appropriate;
- Manages the Country Leadership Team and line manages the work in the country: staff, budget, funding and program;
- Ensures that HR Management in the Country is in line with Oxfam Human Resource Policies and procedures including but not limited to the Code of Conduct, Security and Health and Safety;
- Takes the lead in representing Oxfam and the Nigeria program nationally and globally. Builds influential relationships and develops networks for impactful change and is committed to maximising our influencing capability;
- Accountable for all donor relations and contract management in country .Works with the CGG to create a strategy to maintain and seek new funding sources to support program implementation;
- Works closely with other affiliates with strong interested in country in order to develop and deliver high quality programmes;
- Ensures overall leadership of disaster preparedness, mitigation and management including humanitarian response activities for Category 1 / 2 / 3 emergencies.
- Senior management experience in leading the development and ensuring the delivery, of programme strategy, either through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country programme context and to act within a regional and global framework;
- Experience of fundraising from diverse institutions, both local and international;
- Demonstrates good judgement, willingness to take risk, based on analysis;
- Understands ethics and codes of practice and IHL/independence/impartiality;
- Experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary, geographically remote teams; a high degree of self awareness;
- Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines & geographical areas;
- Experience in representing an organisation with partners, government agencies, private sector organisations, and donors at senior level: locally, regionally and globally on Nigeria;
- An active commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of an organisations work;
- High level financial management skills to steer the operational budget;
- Understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence, and negotiate.
We offer a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. We offer a gross salary (a hypo tax will be deducted) in the range from € 3.669 to € 5.644 on the basis of a 40 hours working week. This is excl. 8% holiday fee, for international candidates additional expat allowances will be offered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application in writing, including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae and mentioning "reference number 5-259" to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Frans Pakvis, International HR advisor.
Note: Humanitarian & Advocacy responsibilities will vary depending on country context and program. Information on position is available with, SAWA Regional Director, via: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.