Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Ensure that the 2G and 3G, LTE, etc. in good quality and Optimized
- Defines and measures the unit KPIs.
- Follows-up the evolution of the radio system quality.
- Proposes indicators for the continuous analysis and follow-up of radio voice and data quality of service, generates proper alarms and recommends solutions when needed.
- Proposes preventive and/or corrective actions for the provisioning of acceptable QoS for voice and data services.
- Follows-up and ensures the existence of sufficient capacity in the radio network (including on the BSC-BTS and the air interfaces).
- Researches and implements solutions for continuous service improvement in respect to parameter settings and configuration.
- Investigates and recommends proper solutions for customer complaints; validates proposed solutions related to parameter modification on the radio network.
- Validates the recommended radio parameters and configuration provided by the unit.
- Recommends measurement tools for the radio, Abis and A interfaces and related post processing tools.
- Proposes and verifies the implementation of optimal solutions in order to improve operational efficiency of the unit.
- Follows corrective actions based on the internal reports of coverage analysis.
- Follows-up general Radio access technology trends relating to radio optimization activities and assists the RAN Research & Studies unit in the update of Radio engineering guidelines accordingly.
The Radio Planning & Design Engineer (RF) will support our network service delivery objectives with regard to roll-out services, guarantee optimal coverage & capacity planning according to our business objectives. The role is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks and will typically oversee and guide the work of Associate and Design Engineers and interface with Project Managers.
- RF planning for Macro Network GSM/UMTS/LTE and/or Indoor Designs;
- Support the nominal planning, candidate selection and site surveys up to site acceptance;
- Visit sites locations throughout the country. Discuss solutions with Site Engineers, Negotiators and Landlords;
- Create work orders in workflow management systems;
- Should have hands on experience on CDD, ATND preparation for RAN network
- Calculate and determine network impact for coverage and capacity expansions;
- Evaluate (drive) test data to identify performance issues
Support & Analysis
- Recommend RF solutions and carrying out changes to improve site performance;
- Support corporate coverage requests;
- Support Site Share & Courtesy requests;
- Support RF system introduction process;
- Support governmental regulation requests.
This is a vital position to support design & planning of network unit and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations for excellent customer experience. This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
Microwave and Fiber Network Design
- Transmission Design based on optical fiber network and Microwave.
- Design the MBPN and data network
- Pre-qualification & participation in the ordered network elements based on engineering and commercial aspects.
Planning & Configuration
- Defining the Transmission planning strategy based on the company objectives.
- Defining the required network elements type, configuration and capacity.
- Defining the Transmission standards.
- Defining the network future expansion requirements based on traffic Forecast.
This function is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and functional requirements in the area of IP Packet backbone solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services. The function will define the optimal topology of the IP core network to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation IP networks; To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the IP core network; Also would evaluate delivery of IP projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/LTE Mobile Network which includes but not limited to voice, data and other services.
PS/MPBN/MPLS Core Planning and Architecture designed to ensure uninterrupted voice and data service delivery
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas into a solution design; where required research into new technology and development in Telecommunication industry with regards to IP packet backbone and Data services.
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to assure seamless IP packet backbone and data network architecture, implementation and deployment of key networks systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP)
- Ensure that all IP MPLS devices including PS core nodes are functioning (Enhanced packet Core /Mobile Packet Core) as per the business and network requirements.
- Provide a pathway towards extending relevant IP architectures towards the Access network ( Metro Ethernet, MPLS-TP etc )
Detailed and Effective Documentation.
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and compiles with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all IP nodes, interfaces MPC/EPC related Nodes - in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations and performance teams.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
Expand & Evolve Core Network
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of IP backbone and PS core network to best industry practices.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for better understanding of proposed services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.