IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
This role focuses in partners-facing, technical sales role for partners within a defined geographical territory and set of named business partners.
This role covers all aspects of growing and nurturing the relationships with existing business partners (executive engagement, sales and technical readiness, account planning, marketing support) and finding new strategic resellers to maximize coverage in all area
The Channel Sales is responsible for managing a channel strategy to identify market opportunities, engage the business partners to those strategies, and progress opportunities through to the close of sale.
- Optimize brand revenue, understanding the business of partners and help partners to focus on the 'right' offering to resell
- Drive sales opportunities with key Influences/ Business Partners selling in the territory
- Be focal point to all relationships between Technical Sales and the partner including but not limited to Credit, Accounts Receivable/Day Sales Outstanding, delivery metrics and initiatives.
- Develop new sources of revenue to meet market demand for specific emerging solution areas
- Business Planning – Drive business plans with the Partners, set partnership objectives, annual and quarterly sales targets
- Training – Conduct sales training for Partners
- Enablement – Equip Partners with sales enablement tools; Work with Channel Marketing to implement marketing programs for awareness and lead generation to their customer install base.
- Meet and exceed sales targets; increase partner revenues
- Accurate Reporting - Provide weekly Partner Sales Reporting ( Pipeline, Forecasting)
- Manage expectation of partners, their customers and business needs
- Define Strategic Initiatives to grow Technical Sales Portfolio sales via Business Partners.
- Work with Integrated Operations Team Sales Manager to Deploy, Execute, and refine sales programs which support the Technical Sales strategy.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILL
Extensive knowledge of the Global Technology Services (GTS) offerings portfolio.
- Ability to identify and resolve skills and program issues and apply knowledge of tools and selling offerings, programs and initiatives.
- Ability to support the BP's strategic and tactical plans in assigned solution area, while exceeding GTS solution area business objectives and measurements at assigned BP account
- Ability to clearly understand the BP's vision, strategy, goals and objectives, and be able to link them to IBM business programs in assigned solution area.
- Ability to successfully co-sell and manage sales execution of GTS services specialties across assigned territory.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At least 3 years experience in Channel Sales
At least 5 years experience in Channel Sales
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this position, click here