As a leading global development management firm, we cater to varied sectors of international development and create challenging job opportunities in development.
GRM Jobs enable us to constantly update our database with talented technical advisors, monitoring and evaluation experts, capacity building experts, business development specialists, project managers, team leaders, project coordinators, who build a career with us in the varied sectors of our work area, inter alia:
We are looking for an outstanding Immunisation Adviser for a large, potential DFID-funded Programme on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health in Nigeria. This is a full time position in Kamo, Nigeria.
The Immunisation Adviser will provide overall technical leadership for activities that focus on strengthening child health services, ward level primary health care, and routine immunisation services in Northern Nigeria. The Immunisation Adviser will bring expertise in the continuum of child health, including paediatric care and routine immunisation. This is a full time position to be based at the Head Office. The role will report to the Deputy Team Leader.
• Master’s in Public Health, health management or medical/nursing degree.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience improving child health service delivery in Africa, preferably Nigeria.
• Knowledge of child health, primary health care, immunisation services, and health systems strengthening.
• Understanding of the social, structural, and geographic barriers to child immunisation.
• Strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners.
• Demonstrated experience applying routine monitoring information and human resources management to the improvement (quality, scale) of health services
• Understanding of ‘change management’ at service delivery level, including the sensitization of service staff to client satisfaction and community engagement inputs
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials, clinical health workers, and other stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partner organisations.
• Experience working with DFID funded programs is preferred.
• Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply
Would you like to apply to this job?
To apply for this position, click here