The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2) is a 5 year country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in northern Nigeria. Funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), it is being implemented by a consortium comprising of Futures Group, Society for Family Health (SFH), Options, Mansion Daniels (MD), Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), Axios, and Marie Stopes International (MSI). MNCH 2 will be implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to bettering health in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly "make a difference"
- A competitive salary with benefits
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is looking for/skilled creative and enthusiastic Individuals to contribute and work within this dynamic five (5) year project:
- The Administrative Officer will assist in the office administration and logistics of the MNCH2, The Administrative Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the operational, administrative and facility functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project's work.
- Coordinates the MNCH2 transport support services to all technical program areas.
- S/he supervises all drivers and is responsible for providing transportation services to staff and consultants.
- S/he plans, determines and reviews operations, provides necessary instruction in accordance with policy for vehicles use and their maintenance.
- The Incumbent is responsible to provide maintenance services to all office vehicles satisfactorily.
- Develop administrative guidelines and ensure smooth operations at the country office including coordinating Country Office administrative support to State offices.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs.
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Prepare monthly office running cost analysis.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register.
- Provide guidance and direction to Admin Assistant, Office Assistant and drivers including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Follow-up with contractors to ensure proper service and maintenance of Generators. Photocopier, AC's, etc is carried out in timely fashion.
- Liaise with Security & Guards contractors to ensure an external supervisory visit on security guards is conducted periodically.
- Liaise with field offices on needs, issues and activities upon which they are treated as they emanate.
- Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items to field offices and facilities as the case may be.
- Ensure tagging and branding of MNCH2 assets is conducted.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Liaise with FAC's to ensure the remittance of maintenance logs upon which specific instructions are rectified to forestall breakdown.
- Follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the Finance & Admin Manager.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program's materials.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or any of the Social Sciences preferred.
- Significant office management experience.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Excel Spreadsheets, QuickBooks or similar accounting software, as well as Word; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
go to method of application »
- The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Maternal and Newborn Child Health Programme in Abuja to ensure effective and efficient daily operations.
- S/he will be expected to manage the day-to-day office administrative tasks.
- Assume receptionist duties, attend to clients and visitors and direct them to appropriate staff members.
- Ensure all finance policies are strictly adhered to in the CS/BU including correct Payment Approval Forms (PAF), petty cash reimbursements, expense claims.
- Ensure all relevant bills and invoices are scanned and submitted to Accounts payable.
- Arrange and coordinate official travel arrangements for MNCH employees and consultants as required including booking flights, hotel accommodation, airport pickups and car transfers.
- Ensure timely procurement and replacement of office supplies, stationery, consumables, and kitchen supplies including beverages and cleaning equipment.
- Ensure regular maintenance of repairs and office utilities at supervised by the Corporate Services Administrator and the building facilities manager responsible to ensure effective and continuous office operations.
- Ensure effective coordination with the Office Driver including proper scheduling to ensure that employees are supported to attend meetings and events.
- Maintain a data base of vendors supplying office services including car hire, service providers and mobile internet firms for use by MNCH employees.
- Develop and manage office inventory of hardware and equipment, updating the list from time to time to ensure adequate inventory.
- Ensure office cleanliness by working closely with outsourced cleaners and ensuring the office environment is well maintained and is conducive for work.
- Provide assistance to the Office Manager with expenses, collating of materials, coordinating meetings and functions.
- Provide support on logistic for incoming consultants i.e. Highland hotel bookings.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Finance & Admin. Manager.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Knowledgeable in office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Proficient in the use of general office equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Can work cooperatively and effectively with others and has the ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CV's with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position and state for which you are applying in the subject line, For example "Administrative Officer - Kano" or "Administrative Assistant - Abuja"
- There are no relocation allowances available for the position.
- Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale