NES Global Talent specialises in recruiting technical and engineering experts for the oil and gas, power, infrastructure, chemical, life sciences and rail sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 26 countries, we work with many of the world's largest companies and provide a wide range of global job opportunities, giving you the chance to take the next step in your career. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, our comprehensive set of guaranteed staffing solutions ranges from payroll administration, taxation and compliance through to emergency response services.
Our client is a top exploration and production company presently looking for ICSS Subsea Control Engineer which involves design, fabrication and integration of various systems including Topside Control System (TCS), Hull Control System (HCS), Subsea Control System (SCS), and Package PLC Unit Control Panel (UCP) including Subsea Control Unit (SCU) into a central Human Machine Interface andprovision of Operator Training System (OTS) for Field Operation needs.
- Check that the design, construction, installation and commissioning are compliant with the FU integrity management system (FUIMS).
- Follow up and monitor the Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) of the FPSO hull construction with a particular focus on steel quality and fabrication (welding) procedures and tests.
- Participate in the development of the FU Integrity Strategy
- Assist the project discipline managers in implementing the defined FU integrity management strategy
- Ensure that all elements necessary for the implementation of the FUIMS are delivered as part of the Project and ready for use at start-up stage.
- Participate to the preparation and technical review of the Hull Inspection Plan for the first Class Term (0-5 yrs) and ensure it is adequate and ready for use before start up.
- Advise Field Operations Management and Discipline managers on major FU integrity issues.
- Prepare for the formal hand-over of EGINA FPSO regarding national and international ship registration certificates, classification, punch lists and action plans for FUIMS items.
- Maintain documentations pertaining to the Floating Units Integrity Management System
- Attend PTR as required during design/construction regarding topics affecting floating unit integrity
- Verify the Technical records of all Class items and ensure that they are recorded in the Plant asset registers, uploaded in CMIMS with the relevant inspection plan
- Follow up the documentation and registration of the FPSO Classed Items in VERISTAR
- Follow up the post installation survey for mooring systems, Subsea Systems etc and properly record their post-installation status
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Interpersonal communication skills are critically important to the position, and should be demonstrably excellent.
- Wide range of hydrocarbons operations experience.
- Experience of supervisory roles in culturally and linguistically diverse working environments.
- Capable of working autonomously, and organising time and resource to achieve work deliverables to defined standards.
- Personal behaviours and work ethic that leads by example.
Education: Degree in Mechanical, Marine or Materials Engineering with emphasis in mechanics, materials, metallurgy and corrosion.
- Professional experience: 5 to 10 years in operations, maintenance or inspection of which minimum 3 years experience in floating units (FPSO/FPU/FSO/Ships)
- Good Knowledge of Inspection techniques and inspection management tools
- Good knowledge of International & Nigerian Marine Regulations (IMO, SOLAS, NIMASA etc)
- Good knowledge of Classification Society’s Rules for the maintenance of CLASS.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas production process
- Language: Fluent in English with French an advantage
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.