Jobs in a Civil Engineering Company
Posted on: 5 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Adexen
Our client is a civil engineering and construction company whose main focus is the construction of high quality buildings for both residential and industrial use.
The Aluminium Assembly Factory Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the Production staff
- Optimizing the use of available resources and achieving productivity goals thus
- Ensuring finished products meet quality standards, costs and delivery date commitment in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Participating in product design, development and industrialization
- Measuring the level of productivity and ensuring its improvement
- In charge of the progression scheme defined in 4 axes: HR, Organization & Process Planning, QSE, and Maintenance in line with company’s project.
- Spreading customer oriented culture by focusing on delivery deadline and quality
- Removing wastage while developing and sustaining value-added activities
- Measuring the level of quality and ensuring its improvement
- Measuring the level of safety and ensuring its improvement
- Contributing to a good quality social climate by means of constructive dialogs with the team
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures for production methods, quality and safety
- Monitoring activities to ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedure
- Ensuring that corporate culture, vision and strategy are shared with local teams through an appropriate communication plan
- Implementing and maintaining an optimum organizational structure that accomplishes the action plans within the BU strategy
- Establishing short and long-range organizational goals and identifying required resources and skills
- Ensuring that local staff members meet skills and abilities requirements :defining duties and responsibilities of incumbents
- Supervising and managing the personnel: carrying out annual appraisals, identifying and ensuring implementation of training requirements and recruiting new staff members.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Civil/Structural Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of related construction and production management experience. Experience in plant management.
- Knowledge of aluminium joinery systems
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of labour law, health and safety regulations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a diverse and demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability manage and motivate a production team
- Fluent English
go to method of application »
The Technical Manager will assist and advise project managers on how best to execute projects. The Technical Manager's responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices
- Review and comment on design including drawings and technical specifications.
- Identify and highlight problems in advance of impact on the works.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing periodical reports and other reports.
- Assist the Project Team in value engineering exercises and in selecting proper construction methods based on safe design and functionality.
- Assist the Project Team by providing knowledge of the prevailing codes of practice, regulations, and specifications for the construction industry.
- Prepare technical and material submittals.
- Plan and maintain project budget and schedule planning.
- Coordinate between the construction and engineering teams ensuring that the construction requirements are conveyed to the engineering teams and that the engineering deliverables satisfy the construction requirements
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Civil/Structural Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in the construction industry .
- A design background or a proven ability to review designs in a thorough manner is needed.
- Computer literate
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- In-depth and current technical knowledge of industry
- Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries, and operate successfully in an intense business environment.
- Fluent English
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Roles at Arbico Plc
- Sales Manager Vacancy at a Large Building Materials Group - WOWJobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA) CONT.
- Latest Job Vacancies at Kaduna State Facilities Management Agency (KADFAMA