Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Abuja, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, Ogun
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
Data entry Clerks (Consultants) for NOMIS database update- (Ref Number: DC-HIV-001-2015)
Locations: FCT, Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Anambra, Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Kaduna, Gombe, Benue and Bauchi.
Reporting to: M&E Coordinator
The specific tasks of the data entry clerks are:
- Attend the Central training on the data collection methods using NOMIS
- With the CBO focal person and the M&E officer, the data entry clerk will facilitate a desk review including collation, correction and updating of incomplete entries/records and transfer into the electronic platform
- Facilitate the completion of NOMIS set up and installation for the respective Community based organizations
- Provide on-the-job mentorship to the CBO M&E officers on use of NOMIS
- Ensure complete entry of backlog of all available OVC data set from program records into NOMIS database
- Provide regular and daily feedback on completed task via e-mail
- Assist CBO M&E officer with real-time entry of OVC data into NOMIS database
- Assist in the analysis of the OVC NOMIS data set and clean up/correction of incorrect and incomplete entries
- Overall, ensure complete, accurate and quality of OVC data in NOMIS database
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the ARFH team.
- Completed NOMIS database for specific CBO
- Mentorship report for CBO M&E staff
- Activity report for NOMIS backlog data entry and analysis of OVC record
- Fully completed timesheet and retirement forms. All advances must be adequately retired using approved retirement forms
- Outstanding oral and written communications and editing skills, with proven ability to compile information coherently and succinctly;
- Ability to facilitate interviews and focus group discussions among very different types of informants;
- Previous experience in conducting electronic data entry and familiarity with NOMIS will be highly desired
- Ability to demonstrate excellent research and fact-checking skills;
- High attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Minimum of Diploma or BSc in Statistics or any other related field.
- Relevant experience in data management with special reference to OVC and HIV related data set
- Computer literacy and excellent hands on experience with Microsoft Office especially excel spreadsheets
- Experience in working as a data clerk in a Donor Funded project is a must
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with little or no supervision
- Excellent report writing skills and fluency in spoken English language is an advantage
Duration of the activity will be about 14 days. This includes the central level training, actual field work and analysis of data.
Method of Application
NOTE: Applicants that are resident in the states of assignment will be given preference..
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter ( in one MS Word Document) explaining suitability for the job on or before close of work on February-10th, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails and mobile phone numbers on their application, as well as professional referees. Please indicate the reference number and your place of residence on your application. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.