APM Terminals is an international container terminal operating company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It is one of the world's largest port and terminal operators as well as providing cargo support and container Inland Services, and is the largest port and terminal operating company in terms of overall geographic scope operating a Global Terminal Network with interests in 63 operating port and terminal facilities in 39 countries on five continents, with seven new port projects in development, as well as over 160 Inland Services operations providing container transportation, management, maintenance and repair in 48 countries. APM Terminals was named "International Terminal Operator of the Year" at the Containerisation International Awards in October 2013 for the second consecutive year. APM Terminals was also named the winner of the Lloyd's List Asia Awards 2013 "Port Operator Award". In 2012 APM Terminals was also named winner of the "Port Operator of the Year" Award at the Lloyd's List 2012 Global Awards.
Who we are looking for
•Deliver agreed volume, revenue and profitability targets in line with the cluster commercial strategy and sales processes
•Identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with Safmarine segmentation strategy and targets
•Provide feedback to Trade and Marketing unti on any product or commercial opportunities or constraints
•Address any Customer Experience Survey follow-up with clients in a timely manner
•Understand Customer needs and decision-makers; Define Customer value Proposition in accordance with its specific
•Segmentation / marketplace - Work with customers and internal stakeholders to on-board new customers and/or new business
•Step in to support other functions to improve business processes e.g. consistent failure to pay within credit terms
•Any other function that may be assigned
Who we are looking for
•Candidate must possess a university degree in Marketing/Social sciences
•Ability to speak Igbo will be an added advantage
•2-3 years of relevant experience in Sales role
•Drive For Results
•Integrity and Trust
•Teamwork & Proactiveness
• Drive improvements in margin management practices to support countries in achieving targets whilst managing trade lane economies including but not limited to Free Time, local charges and D&D agreements with carriers in the CAF / WAF areas.
• Coordination with counter areas on FOB opportunities to drive overall Ocean volume into the CAF / WAF areas (CIF to FOB conversion).
• Responsible for Ocean Volume growth & CM1 (profitability) as defined in the regional Strategy.
• Responsible for complying Global / Regional carrier MQC & allocations within the Area(s).
• Effectively manage procurement behavior and ensure balance of core carrier portfolio.
• Drive & support business development with close coordination with all commercial channels.
• Develop tender specific strategies in support of commercial efforts. Execute supporting activities including procurement and special items as needed.
• Ensure that appropriate ocean commercial and financial KPI’s are employed across the business to provide timely and effective reporting to support day-to-day management of the business.
• Take an active role pricing/procurement strategy and guidelines for mid & long terms opportunities.
• Drive projects in support of improving margin and efficiency of the Product across the Area(s).
• Support countries/branches in specific ocean product needs including commercial discussions as & when required.
• Provide leadership and management to the ocean procurement teams (LCMs), driving strategy execution and product management whilst ensuring high employee morale and motivation.
• Drive continuous cost optimization & re-procurement exercise to improve the yield.
• Focus efforts on tasks that will ultimately result in improvements to performance in the key priority areas of: Profitability, Growth and Operational Excellence
• Ensure all global and regional ocean policies, procedures & guidelines are effectively implemented and adhered to in daily operations.
• Support relevant reporting requirements time to time.
• Keep an “Eye” on the market and provide effective intelligence to the larger organization.
• Ownership on local FAK & NAC deals, other than those covered by Regional / Global level, and maintaining them central repository.
Who we are looking for
• At least 10-12 years of industry experience (NVOCC, Freight forwarding, Ocean forwarding)
• Minimum 5-7 years of functional management experience.
• Ability to work and thrive in a flexible matrix organisation with focus on networking and collaboration.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
• Effective change agent with the ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
• Passion for service delivery and cost effectiveness – and for identifying how to constantly improve.
• Prior understanding and experience in the Africa environment is preferable.
• Ability to balance product priorities with commercial imperatives.
• Adaptability to changes in the work environment – managing competing demands and has ability to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
• Strong drive, initiative and engagement – ability to work self-directed and well organised.
• Ability to take a Global view.
• Excellent English communication skills, verbal & written.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.