Our client, a non-banking financial service institution is currently seeking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic professional for the position of a Certified Midwife. The objective of this role is to provide advice, care and support for women and their babies during pregnancy, labour and the early postnatal period. They help women make their own decisions about the care and services they can access.
A midwife has a range of responsibilities, including the care of mother and baby, adhering to hospital policy and maintaining an awareness of issues such as health and safety.
• Diagnosing, monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
• Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care;
• Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
• Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
• Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
• Providing counseling and advice before and after screening and tests;
• Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
• Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
• Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
• Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
• Engaging in professional development to meet PREP (post-registration education and practice) requirements;
• Participating in the training and supervision of junior colleagues.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
• BSc / MSc in Nursing
• Atleast 2 years work experience as a registered nurse
• Registered Midwifery program certificate
• Midwifery Certificate from the Nigerian Midwifery union
• Working experience in a Crèche (It’s an advantage)
• Good critical thinking skills
• Clinical expertise and good judgment to manage the care of both mother and child
• Ability to function well on little sleep
• Ability to establish rapport with patients and families and work collaboratively on a professional and personal level.
• Must possess empathy and compassion
• Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.