Job Vacancy at Elite Healthcare Systems (EHS)
Posted on: 4 February, 2015
Deadline: 30 November, -0001
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View Jobs posted same day
Elite Healthcare Systems (EHS) is a uniquely positioned healthcare system committed to providing the best affordable, accessible and high quality evidence based healthcare services to improve the health of our patients and the communities we serve.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Role and Purpose of Position
- To provide physiotherapy services to the EHS Sports Medicine Clinic (3 days) and to deliver best practice sports medicine services in partnership with the EHS Sports Medicine Team.
- To liaise and work with medical, fitness and coaching staff on all physiotherapy related issues within the EHS Sports Medicine Team.
- Operational: Lead Physiotherapist
- Functional: Medical Director, EHS and Director Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic, EHS
- Degree or equivalent in physiotherapy / Chartered Physiotherapist
- A minimum of two years post graduate experience working in a clinical setting or sports medicine
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Good organisation skills
- Experience working in Sports Medicine
- Flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours including weekends and evenings.
- Higher qualification in sports physiotherapy, musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports science
- More than 1 years’ experience working as team physiotherapist to a professional sports team
- Computer competence
- Pitch side traumatology qualification
- To work with the Team doctor in the treatment and monitoring of injuries.
- Develop rehabilitation programs for long-term injured players
- Assist with the local development and integration of the proposed Injury Tracking/Monitoring system and ensure that the injury data is kept up to date
- Co-ordinate injury pre-habitation and rehabilitation programmes of players
- Work closely with other specialists and the EHS fitness advisors especially in the pre-habitation and injury rehabilitation of players
- Take part in player education in consultation with team Doctor(s) and Fitness Staff on injury prevention, treatment and management
- Assist in the completion of muscular-skeletal screening for all contracted players at the start of the season and implement individual pre-habitation programmes as required. End of season screening should be completed where necessary.
- Attend squad training and be available to give treatment at times suitable to you and the player. Ensure that there is a cross-cover arrangement in place for all absences, utilising the existing EHS personnel
- Complete written reports for coaching staff in preparation for squad training days. Communicate with coaches regarding progress of injured players on a regular basis.
- Be trained and updated in acute pitch side care, including spinal injury, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Keep up to date on recent research in sports medicine related physiotherapy issues
- Maintain and update your knowledge and practice of sports medicine, by participation in a proposed CME education program.
- Develop and implement injury prevention and treatment protocols
- Maintain satisfactory continued education in the practise of sports physiotherapy
- Excellence in communication within the medical, management and coaching groups
- Ensure that the proposed Injury Monitoring database is kept up to date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com with subject as: Sports Medicine Physio Application
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Drivers at KUI Care
- Medical Doctor at Royal Hospital
- Director of Administration at Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital, Kaduna
- Embryologists at Bridge Clinic
- Job Vacancies at Hillstar Hospital
- Masseuse at Ultra Tresses
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the National Orthopaedlc Hospital, Enugu
- Pharmacists at Feetal Diagnosis Clinic