CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
CBM's West Africa Regional Office is now inviting applications for
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract: 2 years (with possibility of extension), beginning 15th of April 2015
Objective: To provide overall leadership and to develop and implement strategic direction for C8M Country office in Nigeria, in line with CBM global Vision, Mission, Values and strategy.
- The country representative (CR) will be responsible for leading, developing and coordinating the implementation of CBM supported-projects and programs in line with country needs and policies and CBM mandate, strategies, standards,
- principles (IPCM, human rights, participation, inclusion) as well as donor requirements. The CR will lead the development of innovative program interventions and identify new funding opportunities
- S/he will work closely with C8M country office staff, partners and communities and will provide them technical and methodological support to implement, monitor and evaluate program activities, including administration, budgeting, and reporting, ensuring that internal and management controls are maintained and improved for accountability purposes and efficient use of funding,
- S/he is responsible for overall organizational structure development of the Country Office, while promoting a safety and security culture and standards within the organization.
- The incumbent will represent CBM towards partner organizations and other institutions in Nigeria, including liaising with the Government as well as other NGOs, and will lead the elaboration of advocacy plans encouraging a rights based approach
- toward disability inclusive development interventions to promote and build capacity in disability mainstreaming in country policies, strategy and program development. S/he will promote information, communication
- exchange and learning with external network and alliances too.
- Minimum Master's degree in social sciences/development studies strategic/program management, management studies or other related discipline. Bachelor's degree in similar field with extensive work experience in similar or comparable position also acceptable.
- Disability/inclusion related training / knowledge is an added value,
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 10 years professional experience, preferably in social developrnent/Incluston sector at senior management level, of which 7 years with an international development organization,
- Demonstrated experience in inclusive project cycle management, human resources and financial management, organizational development and capacity building, disability mainstreaming and advocacy and high professional standing,
- Demonstrable network of contacts, and capacity to build and manage
- effective partnerships and strategic alliances.
- In-depth knowledge of current thinking on development issues and methods, on social-inclusion and disability issues including UN Convention on Disability Rights,
- Demonstrated substantial experience of strategic thinking, initiative-taking and creativity; including identifying,- analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action,
- Well established and practiced organizational and planning skills and extensive knowledge and experience of project cycle management,
- Strong management and organizational skills, including comfort in delegating authority and responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation, and communication skills, including ability to effectively foster teamwork, establish focus, make timely and transparent decisions, solve problems and manage conflict,
- Proficient Computer Literacy (i.e. in Microsoft Office suite),
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally,
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including Public speaking.
- The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CBM's Child Protection Policy
Method of Application
CBM is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities. Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 15th February 2015
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale