New Job Placement at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 3 February, 2015
Deadline: 20 February, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- The candidate actively contributes to the implementation of ICRC activities in the domain of Reestablishment of family contacts between family members who have been separated because of the anned violence in Nigeria.
- He/she should be ready to travel in the country in order to implement these activities, observing ICRC security rules.
- He/she contributes to the assessmentofthe needs in this domain.
- He/she identifies and registers children who have been separated from their families in order to trace their family and reunite them.
- He/she offers help and services to people who have lost track with their family, in cooperation with the Nigerian Red Cross.
- He/she ensures effective filing, efficient records keeping, timely reporting, and is ready to provide detailed and accurate statistics
- He/she contributes to ensure the flow ofinfonnation in the department and with neighbouring delegations.
- He/she maintains reguiar contacts with various interlocutors In his area of responsibility, such as NRCS, NGOs, population, etc.
- He/she ensures implementation of priorities and working procedures as set by the delegation
- He/she provides his knowledge ofthe environment.
- He/she translates and interprets from Hausa / Kanurito English, and vice versa, when required
- He/she answers telephone calls from the beneficiaries, receives or visits them when needed and provides them with the needed assistance according to the delegation's policies and criteria.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- High school or Professional school
- Two years' work experience in a similar field
- Good command in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri (French would be an asset)
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of the geographical and socio cultural environment
- Good reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented, with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confinned organizational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/ beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integratechanges
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedures
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
Please clearly indicate· Field Officer (RFL) on the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The last date for receiving the applications is 20. 02. 2014
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to proville them with assistance.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria