- Subscribe to our real-time, personalized and free notification. Learn More
New Job Placement at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 3 February, 2015
Deadline: 20 February, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- The candidate actively contributes to the implementation of ICRC activities in the domain of Reestablishment of family contacts between family members who have been separated because of the anned violence in Nigeria.
- He/she should be ready to travel in the country in order to implement these activities, observing ICRC security rules.
- He/she contributes to the assessmentofthe needs in this domain.
- He/she identifies and registers children who have been separated from their families in order to trace their family and reunite them.
- He/she offers help and services to people who have lost track with their family, in cooperation with the Nigerian Red Cross.
- He/she ensures effective filing, efficient records keeping, timely reporting, and is ready to provide detailed and accurate statistics
- He/she contributes to ensure the flow ofinfonnation in the department and with neighbouring delegations.
- He/she maintains reguiar contacts with various interlocutors In his area of responsibility, such as NRCS, NGOs, population, etc.
- He/she ensures implementation of priorities and working procedures as set by the delegation
- He/she provides his knowledge ofthe environment.
- He/she translates and interprets from Hausa / Kanurito English, and vice versa, when required
- He/she answers telephone calls from the beneficiaries, receives or visits them when needed and provides them with the needed assistance according to the delegation's policies and criteria.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- High school or Professional school
- Two years' work experience in a similar field
- Good command in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri (French would be an asset)
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of the geographical and socio cultural environment
- Good reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented, with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confinned organizational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/ beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integratechanges
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedures
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
Please clearly indicate· Field Officer (RFL) on the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The last date for receiving the applications is 20. 02. 2014
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to proville them with assistance.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPADC)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Senior Program Officer, Special Projects at FHI 360
- Graduate Human Resource Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Renovation and Construction of Camp Facilities, Custom House at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Medical Doctor at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale