Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (IE), Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
Ikeja Electric has a customer Population of 657,444 spread across the 11 Business units including Abule-Egba, Akowonjo, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ikotun, Ipaja, Odogunyan, Ogba, Ojodu, Oshodi and Somolu.
The role requires the jobholder to perform sales and marketing of electricity, management of allocation of energy and driving collections of energy billed to the customer. The role also entails ability to manage customer relationship relating to meter reading and bill distribution.
- Conducting advance metering activities (energy aggregation, energy analysis, energy loss analysis, bill determinants and dynamic tariffs etc.)
- Performing remote monitoring of meter behavior using human machine interfaces (HMI)
- Performing remote energy usage tracking
- Customer meter reading and capturing meter status/remark.
- Providing customer meter reading books/cycle and updating reading sequence.
- Managing daily meter reading data download and upload preparation.
- Performing manual data entry for customer meter reading and meter reading status on a daily basis.
- Managing meter reading instrument availability for meter reading activities.
- Preparing daily reading upload batch files.
- Managing customer complaints related to meter reading.
- Assisting Team Member-Meter Reading for improving meter reading efficiency.
- Vetting of bills in relation to reading submitted
- Prepare exception reports.
- Bill distribution to customers.
- Meter reading and bill distribution reporting.
- Performing on site activities/supervision/site visit with regards to installed meters.
- Special customer meters re-reading/site visit.
- Performing customer premises visits for customer database cleanup.
- New customer capture and periodic customer tariff reclassification
- Coordinating with other departmental officersto attendto customer complaints related to meter reading activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years field experience in sales and marketing
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of the power industry
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook)
Holder of first degree (B.SC or H.N.D) in Marketing, Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to multi-task,work under pressure
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Fastlearner,energetic and enthusiastic
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to details
- Team Lead Undertaking
- Team Member Leader Electricity Sales Representative
- Other staff
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale