Executive Director in a Reputable Commercial Bank
Posted on: 6 December, 2011
Deadline: 20 December, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
We are one of Nigeria's leading commercial banking institutions. We desire to fill the position of the Executive Director, Consumer & Commercial Banking in our business
The Consumer and Commercial Banking sector encompasses the business activities of all retail banking services teams and their business channels in the Bank. It includes the Bank's brick and mortar retail outlets such as branches, as well as the virtual and end-point electronic banking products and infrastructure such as ATMs and internet banking channels.
It also encompasses all commercial lending activities and consumer banking services (personal and private banking) as well as specialized consumer product development, sales and market intelligence teams.
Executive Director, Consumer & Commercial Banking
JOB ROLE AND DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director, reporting directly to the Managing Director and Chief executive Officer, has over all leadership responsibility for the formulation and execution of the Bank's strategy for the consumer and commercial banking market segment in line with the business objectives agreed by the Board of the Bank. Other related responsibilities include:
• Identification and segmentation of target markets and development of strategies for easy penetration.
• Build the organizational structures and business teams capable of delivering distinctive performance. In particular, work to improve the quality and depth of management talents, particularly senior management talents for effectiveness.
• Definition and evaluation of the performance measures for
business teams and the periodic reviews of target market studies and opportunities.
• Address and establish an agenda of top issues and opportunities to improve Consumer and Commercial Banking services in the Bank's performance and growth.
• Ensure business compliance with Bank's policies, procedures and corporate governance expectations.
• Facilitate and present periodic business performance review reports to the Board.
• Participate in other Executive Management Committees and related
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
• First degree, preferably in a numeric discipline e.g. Economics, Business Administration and Accountancy, etc. or related field with a minimum of Second Class Honors (Lower Division).
• An MBA or any other Masters degree, or related professional qualification is a must-have.
• A minimum of 17-20 years in relevant job role as well as multi-functional role experiences in Banking in line with CBN requirements.
• Excellent credit analysis and appraisal skills. Sensitivity to the operating environment and sound knowledge of local operating environment and business transaction dynamics, including relevant regulations e.g National Budget, Foreign Exchange & Monetary policy guidelines, etc.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
The performance of the Executive Director will be determined by the overall performance of the Consumer and Commercial Banking Sector measured by the agreed performance indices (including, but not limited to percentage growth in Balance Sheet Size, Gross Earnings and Profit Before Tax) for all the groups under the sector, amongst others.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Completed applications should be sent to:
The Advert No. 2026
Guardian Newspaper Ltd.
P.M.B 1217, Oshodi, Lagos,
Not later than December 20, 2011
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Office Assistant at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Sahel Capital
- Credit Officers (Graduate Trainee) at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Experienced Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant at an International Bank - ICSL
- Fresh Job Opportunity at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Managing Director/CEO at a Reputable Stock Broking Firm
- Marketing Manager at Sam Oyemade & Co.
- Information Technology Job Opportunity at Culminate Consulting