WRS are currently searching for a Master to work on a DP AHTS vessel in Nigeria. This is working for a well known shipowner who operate a vast fleet of modern vessels worldwide. This ship has excellent facilities and has received great feedback from previous Masters on board.
Our client major Oil and Gas operator are looking for a QA / QC Manager working out of Lagos, Nigeria on a residential basis to manage a Major FPSO project in the region.
Within the framework of FPSO Project:
• Determining and establishing the quality policy
• Planning, preparing, coordinating (with packages QA QC leads) the implementation and (continuous) reviewing the project QMS (Quality Management System) as per ISO 9001, Company rules, specifications and statutory requirements.
• Developing and maintaining the Project Quality Management System (QMS) including Quality Plan, Surveillance Plan and procedures to ensure that the project focuses on planning, control and improvement of activities
• Stimulating quality awareness and implications with all project employees and striving for continual improvement of the implemented QMS.
• Responsible for issuing the PQP(Project quality plan)and coordinating its implementation all over the project
• Coordinating, reporting and contributing to solve quality issues raised in regard surveillance activities, in liaison with relevant packages
• Responsible for issuing, updating, coordinating the training and the implementation of QA QC procedures all over the project.
• Review key Contractors, Sub-Contractor, Vendor and Supplier Inspection & Test Plans
• Defining and establishing Annual QA QC measurable objectives based on the project needs and activities at all levels (in coordination with packages QA QC leads) and following their implementation at all levels.
• Defining annual QA QC audit and assessment program in coordination with the packages QA QC leads and following their implementation at all levels .
• Performing internal and external audits, rising where necessary appropriate corrective action requests and follow up with effective re-audit and close out.
• Create, execute and lead quality and technical audits for the design, procurement, construction and commissioning processes
• Participating in Contractor, sub-contractor and supplier Quality Audits under the annual audit program
• Planning, conducting and reporting internal quality assessments in accordance with the agreed annual audit program
• Supporting packages to identify the contractual requirements gaps and advising the relevant Package General Managers.
• Managing QA QC services contracts (in and out country inspectors)
• Supporting packages to define required QA/QC resources needed during various phases of project progress
• Responsible to follow QA QC inspectors staffing plan as per Project procedure
• Establish a process for QA/QC resource identification and integrate this with current and predicted
• Issuance of Inspection policy, Inspection plans and procedure
• Organisation management (personnel, training, etc.)
• Preparing a budget for surveillance resources through all phases of the project and prepare a plan of when these resources shall be required to mobilised and demobilised. This activity will be planned in conjunction with corporate resources available in the locations required. Surveillance activities shall always be coordinated with the QAQC Packages Leader
• Attending QA & QC meetings with Contractor(s) and packages on a regular basis to discuss quality matters as necessary
• Attending key bid clarification meetings with Vendors and Sub-Contractors as necessary, to reinforce position in regard to quality
Responsible for monthly and annual QA QC reporting as per CR and PJC requirements
• Reporting promptly any quality related problems and intended resolutions that is identified and need to be resolved, including suggestions for resolution
• Managing NCRs with relevant departments and tracking trends as per procedure
• Monitor the resolution of any identified non-conforming activities, findings, concessions, deviations etc
• Developing, coordinating and following the QA QC Training plan as per procedure
• Prepare quality requirements for the Contracts - Invitation to Tender (ITT) and bids QA/QC evaluation
• Establish criteria for evaluating and selecting suppliers.
• Define controls to maintain system integrity during potential project organizational changes
• Monitor the application of all certification and classification control and links with the classification society
• Participating in Design Reviews of Design Packages if required
• Carry out appraisal of Contractor quality systems with the support of the Packages QAQC Leads
• Participating in the review of HAZOP reports if required
• Monitor qualitative reliability, hazard analysis as well as maintainability and operability analysis
• Review requisitions for Quality Requirements for construction, equipment and materials
• Assist in the review of critical Contractor enquiry and purchase requisitions and ensure contractual quality related requirements, codes, standards etc., have been adequately specified
• Co-ordinate all inspection and testing activities provided by the call off Service Contractor and verify inspector's and NDT technician's qualifications and check all inspection orders and reports for accuracy and depth of detail
• Monitor the acceptance of equipment & material that require typically API, ASME, code stamp requirements. This also applies to 3rd Party certification testing requirements for safety & lifting equipment, electrical hazardous areas.
• Ensure full collection of quality documents as Design Dossier, As built Dossier and Certificates.
• Monitor test certificates and review final as built documents
• To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
• To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
• To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
• To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
• When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification
• To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
• Participating to Management HSE tours
Context and environment
• Project main Office is in Lagos, support centers in Korea
• Construction activities partly in Nigeria and partly in Korea.
Contract and resources management; contractors selection, Technical Scope of Work, Supervision
• Reporting/Monitoring of inspection data
A degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent complemented with training in the domain of ISO 9001 / Internal Auditing.
• Theoretical and practical experience with implementation of Quality Plans, ITPs CARs & NCRs document control and a process approach to Quality Management.
• A Sound working knowledge of welding and NDT and ability to lead quality audits and assessments.
• Minimum 10 year's experience in Quality Management in the Oil & Gas or related industry out of which 5 years is spent in managerial position.
• Knowledge of RBI methodology (Risk Based Inspection); Knowledge of Unisup.
• Fluent English (written, read, spoken).
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.