Find A Job In Africa Associates is seeking to recruit indivudals into the following vacant position:
Purpose of Role
This role is to help the company achieve its vision by defining and driving standards of leadership in our brand and corporate reputations as well as ensuring our leaders are able to effectively engage all employees across the business.
• Develops, manages and implements an integrated communication strategy
• Builds the company’s Nigerian reputation by maintaining overview of communication needs, issues and opportunities across stakeholders within and outside Nigeria.
• Drives the creation of best practice leadership communications and engagement within the company.
• Contributes to the formulation of strategy for the company ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the organization’s overall strategic direction
• Manages a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools that are measurable
• Responsible for the development, management and evaluation of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g. weekly newsletter, leadership communications and project communications
• Participates actively in crisis teams, ensuring communication plans are up to date
• Manages a robust and integrated employee communications forum to facilitate sharing of best practice, cross-functional working and management of timely corporate and brand communication(s)
• Ensures message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions, audiences and coaching of the communications team
• Leads communications for major business initiatives and events
• Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, marketing or journalism is preferable • Minimum 3-4 years experience working at a strategic level on business, corporate communications or consulting • Superior writing and oral communication skills • Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment • Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development • Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process • Ability to influence senior stakeholders • Line manager experience and a track record of leading, developing & coaching a team Key Relationships: Internal: • Leadership and Extended Leadership Teams • Project Teams • Brand Managers External: • Media • Agencies • Consultants • Events management companies • Printers Key Success Factors • Works collaboratively across the company • Builds and motivate teams to consistently deliver great performance • Understands business strategy as well as employee needs and develops plans to deliver against both • Works flexibly and responds with agility to unforeseen challenges / opportunities at short notice.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward detailed CVs to email@example.com