Logistics Vacancy in a Multinational FMCG
Posted on: 30 January, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational FMCG company in Nigeria to recruit Logistics Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
This position is based in Kano- Nigeria.
Our client is a multinational fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company
- Recommends optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency internally and externally.
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training and safety records.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate hands in hands with the DMD for transportation rates and services.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems where applicable, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Conduct and review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Implement and monitor environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Good first degree from a reputable higher institution
- Minimum of 5 years experience in logistics management
- CILT certification is an added advantage
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with good attention to details.
- Effective communication skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Good numerical skills and be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic accountancy to successfully fulfill the role
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to speak Hausa fluently is required
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Lean Managers at SC Johnson (SCJ)
- Elevator Commissioning Technicians at JMG
- Business Development Managers - Oil & Gas at BASF Nigeria
- Marketers at Myjoy Food Industries Limited
- Fan Milk Plc Recruitment for Sales Officers
- Editors at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- HSE Managers at Graceco Nigeria Limited
- Sales Representatives at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited - Lantern Books