If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls' empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance. EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language free-to-air satellite television channel (on NILESAT 102, Frequency 12226) locally produced by and for northern Nigerians and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of northern Nigeria and the Hausa-speaking sub-region.
As part of the project, Equal Access will undertake a survey of audience viewing habits and preferences. The survey will enable AREWA24 to produce and air programming that best responds to audiences' preferences and priorities. In order to undertake the survey, which will target key states in Northern Nigeria (including Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, and Jigawa), Equal Access is looking for a survey firm to help carry out the survey and accompanying focus group discussions, as well as analyze the survey results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Location: Northern Nigeria
- Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
- EA has launched AREWA24, a satellite TV project which can be viewed on NILESAT 102, frequency 12226 focused on Hausa speakers in northern Nigeria and seeks a Communications Manager to help manage the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program.
This position will be an exceptional opportunity to:
- Reach a wide and diverse audience through well-conceived communications strategies;
- Innovate through different marketing channels, including online, paid and unpaid media;
- Work with outstanding talents
- Create significant impact in a growing organization; and
- Immerse in an exciting and flexible start-up environment.
- Develop and oversee the execution of national communications and marketing strategies that leverage AREWA24's unique strengths.
- Develop media messages and images to encourage viewership and garner support for the channel's growth and development.
- Promote, through press articles, advertising and branding, the work and name of AREWA24 and its original and premier TV programming
- Build and maintain contacts with the press and other national media (including television and radio) and serve as spokesperson
- Design and execute online and print marketing campaigns, using viral marketing techniques and social media to raise awareness and attract supporters.
- Develop advertising and other programs to educate and engage youth audiences and to encourage their long-term commitment and engagement with AREWA24.
- Demonstrate high energy and strong leadership skills, internally and externally, serving as an effective representative of AREWA24.
- Travel Requirements: Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and field-based activities in Northern Nigeria
- Reports to: Director General, Equal Access-Nigeria AREWA24
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, or mass communications
- More than 7 years high-level experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Demonstrated success directing a communications and marketing campaigns, including developing a strategic vision.
- Experience in coordinating with media outlets and developing targeted marketing and promotional materials
- Able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Superior oral and written communications skills in both Hausa and English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV's to: email@example.com
- Please clearly state the title of the position applied for as SUBJECT of your email application.
- Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.