Job at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 10 February, 2015
Deadline: 27 February, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Jos, delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
- Assists the responsible Wathab delegate in the identification, preparation, and implementation of water, sanitation and construction projects
- Independently organises and conducts field trips
- Collects, analyses and reports information on the water, habitat and hygiene situation in the field to the WatHab delegate
- Elaborates projects proposals and contract documents, including drawings, descriptions, bills of quantity, cost estimation, implementation planning, tendering, contracts etc.
- Supervises and follows-up the implementation of projects in close contact with contractors
- Establishes comprehensive technical reports on completed WatHab projects
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors/authorities at local level mainly independently
- Trains and coaches technical staff of local NRCS branches according to the programmes defined by the ICRC.
- Elaborates oral and written reporting on activities
- Performs as translator between the Delegate and local interlocutors
- Supports other Water and Habitat projects upon request
- University degree (Civil Engineering or HND resource Engineer).
- Experience in hydro-geology is an asset
- Knowledge of Water and Sanitation technologies
- Experience in assessing, designing and preparing cost-estimates of buildings and metal structures.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team leadership skills
- Good command of Hausa language
- Very good analytical and computer skills.
- Good expertise on AUTOCAD or similar software
- Good knowledge of the geographical assigned area
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address. not tater than 27th February 2015
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
Please clearly indicate "Wathab Engineer Yola" on your envelope
- Personal correspondences are non-returnable.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Only well addressed complete files matching with the profile will be considered
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)