Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
The core values include health and safety as first priority, commitment to respect, care and excellence as well as commitment to be ranked among the World's most effective industrial groups in terms of environmental protection, social responsibility and corporate governance
To make advances in building materials, Lafarge places the customer at the heart of its concerns. It offers the construction industry and the general public innovative solutions bringing greater safety, comfort and quality to their everyday surroundings.
Lafarge's long-term presence in the business, its high degree of vertical integration and advance in product research and innovation give the company a competitive advantage in terms of product quality and consistency, product differentiation as well as allowing stronger operational efficiencies.
The business model focuses on achieving excellence in local management while capitalizing on best practices developed throughout the world.
Business Unit Lafarge Nigeria
Job Type Permanent
Location - Country Nigeria
Location - Town / City Extremely Mobile – Involves Travel
The Job Holder supports the Country’s mining operations through the identification and verification of potential and new areas for present and future exploration. The job holder will also handle all geological related operations for the provision and supply of all raw materials needed for cement production, according to Lafarge’s safety practices and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the quarry lifetime calculations, reserves/deposits identification in terms of quantity and quality (Block Models)
- Supervise processes of measurement and inventory of overburdens, deposits
- Supervise exploration drilling activity
- Ensure all EL areas are mapped for drilling campaigns
- Ensure all records regarding exploration and drilling campaigns are properly kept
- Cooperation with Lafarge TC specialists
- Any duties as assigned by the Head of Geo-mining
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Proficient use of geology tools/software (GPS, AutoCAD, MineCard)
- Knowledge of Limestone Chemistry and quality control tools
- Knowledge of the Mining Plan
- Knowledge of Mines regulations, safety laws, and specific environmental constraints
- Knowledge of project management methods
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Projects
- Good team player
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing processes
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits
- Good knowledge of safety laws and regulations
- Very good written and communication skills
- Able to take and apply initiative
- Demonstrable leadership skills – work ethics; effective delegation, and hands-on
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.