GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The Employee HR Manager is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role will be directly aligned to a highly-complex, defined employee population.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years professional work in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management. Experience working in a matrixed work environment preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc .
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions; manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws and government requirements
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.