Opera Software seeks a highly professional, sales-oriented Account Manager to effectively plan, manage and expand our new browser-based consumer-engagement business targeted to agencies, brands and existing Opera partners. Our goal is to develop further our sales for products within the areas of sponsored internet access (various subscription solutions) and sponsorship/advertising products.
This position reports to the Regional Manager for Regional Sales and Partnerships.
- Build and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline
- Pitch, negotiate and close new deals with agencies and brands (sponsors).
- Manage key relationships with existing customers spread across the market, with the goal to increase revenue per customer and extend the reach of Opera products.
- Foster key relationships with customer middle- and top management.
- Gather and use feedback from customers to contribute to various product roadmaps.
- Pioneer innovative commercial models to maximize profitability and differentiate our offering.
- Work closely with Business Development and Sales to optimize and improve the value, profitability and attractiveness of our sponsored-internet-access product and proposition.
- Work closely with all important stakeholders within Opera Software to ensure a good, clear coordination and cooperation.
- Build awareness in the market – both B2B and B2C.
- Manage and expand relationships with existing and new customers within various customers in digital, internet and sponsorship/advertising areas.
- Ensure solid revenue growth from existing and new customers.
- Increase customer engagement.
- Optimize product potential by planning of and executing a continuous stream of campaigns.
- Create revenue through market research, planning, contract closings, bookings and billings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent in Business and/or Engineering
- At least 5 years' experience covering Sales/Business Development/Marketing activities involving telecom operators, internet providers or the mobile industry
- Ability to work in a team of persons with diverse backgrounds and functional responsibilities
- Experience in an international business environment, working in a matrix organization involving global teamwork and cultural awareness
- Commercially competent, with knowledge of the telecom industry, internet technologies, mobile industry and/or digital marketing
- Excellent track record and success in complex sales and/or marketing initiatives
- Strong ability to communicate with all organization levels, including customers’ marketing & business development teams, but especially customers' top management
- Fluent in local language and English, both spoken and written
- A team player, creative and self-motivated, able to take ownership of projects
- A dedicated, fast-moving individual, eager to win business and deliver results, strongly focused on goals and targets
- Ability to work independently in a fast-moving technical environment and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Solid understanding of marketing budget processes and campaign planning
- Possession of an existing network of potential customers, able to “hit the ground running”
- Ability to travel frequently within Africa