The NEPAD, Regional Integration and Trade Department (ONRI) is the Bank Group’s NEPAD focal point and provides advisory services to the Bank and Regional Member Countries in the areas of the NEPAD process (specifically in Regional Infrastructure Development). The Department coordinates Bank Group activities on NEPAD and provides technical advice to the African Union, its NEPAD Secretariat, the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and other the AU Specialized Institutions (SIs) on program development and implementation with particular attention on the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA).
The NEPAD-IPPF Special Fund is a multi-donor fund hosted and managed by the Bank Group through ONRI. The objective of the NEPAD–IPPF Special Fund is to assist African countries and RECs and SIs to prepare high quality, bankable and viable regional/continental infrastructure projects in the energy, water resources management, transport and lCT sectors, which would be ready to solicit financing from public and private sources.
Under the supervision of the Director of ONRI, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Define and update, under the Oversight Committee guidance, the Fund’s strategic orientations;
- Make forward planning on the Division’s role in regional infrastructure development in Africa in a rolling five-year Strategic Business Plan;
- Develop and implement a resource mobilization strategy including innovative solutions;
- Initiate correspondences with donors and sign contracts with those existing donors who have indicated their willingness for further pledges;
- Solicit potential new donors for an interest in contributing to IPPF and hold with them face-to-face discussions;
- Initiate the processing of disbursement requests of funds from the donors;
- Engage with the private sector for increased involvement in IPPF activities;
- Help to develop and manage recipients’ projects/Studies from the idea to the projects/Studies to completion report;
- Process the recipients’ requests through the NEPAD-IPPF’s project management cycle;
- Implement IPPF’s procedures for processing applications for IPPF grants in line with the set out stages;
- Assist project promoters in reaching financial closure for viable projects;
- Prepare and submit to the Fund Oversight Committee, for clearance, and to the Board of Directors, for information all necessary reports;
- Implement the Strategic Business Plan through the preparation of work programmes;
- Organise and coordinate the statutory Oversight Committee meetings;
- Plan and lead field missions to review key projects and programs as well as to discuss the NEPAD-IPPF Work Programme and Plans with RECs and other stakeholders;
- Leverage partnerships among Project Preparatory Facilities (PPFs) to accelerate infrastructure development in Africa including participation in the Project Preparation Facilities Network (PPFN);
- Ensure an efficient liaison and communication on NEPAD-IPPF activities with the other Bank departments, Donors, Partners, RECs, the Private Sector Operators and RMCs;
- Oversee the design and execution of major policy and/or research initiatives;
- Conceive, develop and promote innovations in Bank infrastructure development policies, project design, preparation and structuring to improve Bank project and sector work;
- Execute any other assignment as deemed useful by the Director.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in business administration,finance, economics, management ,engineering or other relevant fields;
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the areas of finance, infrastructure project preparation and implementation.
- A solid knowledge and good grasp of socio-economic and development issues in Africa;
- Demonstrated superior leadership qualities, technical excellence and an established operational track record of excellence in achieving results;
- Strategic mindset; strong capacity to analyze actions from the perspectives of stakeholders and translate strategic thinking into compelling plan of action;
- Demonstrated ability to take prudent business risks and make effective, timely and well-determined decisions;
- Evidence of ability to build and lead motivated and committed teams across functional boundaries, and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way;
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas; a good listener; and cultural sensitivity, commitment to diversity and capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change;
- Ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution;
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.