The M&E Manager will be responsible for developing the M&E strategy and providing regular input and guidance to the Gender and to the two M&E Officers in the implementation of the M&E strategy. The M&E Manager will also be responsible providing extensive training to internal staff on the DCED standard of results measurement, performance management, logical frameworks, and theories of change, so as to ensure the successful implementation of the M&E strategy. The M&E Manager will initially be based in Port Harcourt, leading the design of the M&E strategy and systems for 42 months of programme implementation.
- Develop a gender disaggregated M&E strategy and systems based on DCED standards.
- Establish the overarching results measurement framework and the methodology for establishing the results chains for specific interventions to be undertaken by MADE
- Assist in articulating the results chains of programme interventions.
- Assist in the annual review of the programme’s logical framework.
- Develop a strategy for integrating the M&E strategy and systems into TAMIS.
- Develop and supervise implementation of plans for data collection and monitoring of project inputs and outputs, at the intervention level.
- Provide regular reports on the inputs going into project activities
- Provide regular reports on the outputs and results of project activities
- Supervise the design and implementation of baseline surveys
- Develop team members’ tasks and responsibilities as they relate to M&E, particularly those of Market Analysts/Intervention Managers.
- Provide training to project staff on the DCED Standard for measuring resulting, performance management, logical frameworks, and theories of change.
- Ensure that MADE staff, notably TL and permanent analysts have a clear understanding of the most recent project logframe and associated inputs, outputs and outcomes.
- Provide on-going guidance to the Gender and to the M&E Officers in the implementation of the M&E strategy.
- Assist the Team Leader, the Technical Director and the M4P Manager to ensure that the proper systems are in place to drive the M&E system
- Up to date logframe
- Monitoring information for quarterly reports
- M&E strategy and systems integrated into TAMIS.
- Trained internal staff on the DCED standards for results measurement, performance management, logical frameworks, and theories of change.
- Resolution of other M&E issues as they arise
Level of Effort and Reporting
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be contracted for two years (228 days per year) with an option to renew. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will report to the Team leader.