If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the MCO/CO and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions and key results
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies;
- Programme Management Support;
- Administrative and Financial Management Support to the Programme Unit;
- Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing.
Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of RBM tools;
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Programme Management Support
- Support the Programme Team in the implementation of the control mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications;
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project;
- Support the Programme Team in the financial management of Programmes;
- Provide guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources;
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Support the Programme team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
Administrative and Financial Management Support to the Programme Unit
- Review of Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Ensure maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
- Take timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects registers of goods receipt in Atlas;
- Make budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers;
- Prepare cost sharing, and trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the MCO/CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Assist in the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas by elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management;
- Support synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Support organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the Programme unit including logistical support;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems;
- Creates, edits and presents information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education required;
- University degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- A minimum of 6 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in ERP or ATLAS as an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN working knowledge is an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document to upload. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and may not be considered for further assessment.
Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.