Crane Electrician - APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
• Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and/or electrical/electronic repairs of container handling cranes and RTGs are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
• Reads job order and plans work procedures.
• Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance and repair service for all crane equipment. Disassembles units and inspects equipment.
• Provides maintenance and repair services for container handling gantry cranes and RTGs.
• Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports, ensuring log book is accurate and up-to-date.
• Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
• Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment..
• Reads electrical schematic diagrams, service manuals, analyzes & investigates electrical faults.
• Determine cause of failure of electrical/electronic components of crane equipment.
• B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries will be an advantage.
• Requires at least Two to Four years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel or manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
• Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system, at a high level of difficulty and complexity
• Requires an in-depth ability to interpret electrical/electronic diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
• Requires a general knowledge of electrical and electronic components
• Requires general familiarity with instrumentation and communications systems, and a familiarity with control systems.
• Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics.
• Required ability to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
• Requires the ability to learn fast.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• A truly international working environment in a modern working location.
• Value and team based leadership.
• A wide range of international career opportunities.
• An open and engaging working environment.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth a dynamic environment.
• Competitive compensation packages.
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 2nd December 2010.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact request your staff card upon receipt of your application.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Jean Chukwura on Jean.Chikodi.Adiele@apmterminals.com
About the company:
APM Terminals is one of the world's leading container terminal operating and management companies, with a comprehensive and geographically balanced Global Terminal Network of over 50 integrated facilities in 31 countries and five continents. Providing over 60 shipping lines with world-class service, reliability and efficiency, APM Terminals is also one of the world's fastest-growing terminal operating companies, with the largest capacity of any terminal operator, and 14 new or expanded facilities currently in development or under construction in Europe, North America, South America, Southeast Asia, Africa and the Far East. Established as an independent company with the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group of Denmark in 2001, APM Terminals, with corporate headquarters in The Hague, Netherlands, is dedicated to redefining the terminal operations industry through innovation, new standards of customer service, efficiency and productivity, and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.