Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others. They now have an opening for a Vice President – Finance to be based in Lagos, Nigeria
A qualified accountant responsible for overseeing the financial, accounting operations and management of a global business (New York & Lagos) in all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to: securing new venture capital funding, financial modeling, Analysis of KPI numbers, budget management, forecasting and strategic planning and asset management.
We are looking for a well-rounded financial expert with extensive core accounting experience, excellent leadership skills and uncompromising integrity.
• You will be expected to identify, recommend and lead automation and process improvement in the areas of Global financial operations and reporting.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities including revenue/expense and balance sheet report as well as tax returns. Actively manage the company’s’ balance sheet activities ensuring all operational and strategic evaluations are made with careful consideration given to the short, medium and long-term financial health of the business.
• Assist the COO in the preparation of all board reports including financial statements and forecasts.
• Provide financial advice to other key members of the organization such as the business development team if required.
• Ensure availability of adequate cash flow to meet the company’s needs.
• A strong interest in the emerging African IT/Broadcast Media industry is desirable
• Ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant or certified financial analyst (ACCA, CFA, ICAN, CIMA, CPA)
• Must have a minimum of 5 years financial management experience.
• Experience of working within an investor-backed business is preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of the African IT/Media industry is desirable
• Understands the key drivers of business and financial performance
• Can demonstrate long-term and strategic planning skills
• Highly developed commercial experience.
• Understanding of organizational development and ability to be responsive to the needs of all clients of the company including, investors, board of directors and employees
• Passionate, clear thinking, flexible, confident working in small teams, fluent in English.
• A desire to be both critical and receptive to the input of other team members.
• This role is open to both Nigerian Nationals and Expats willing to work in Lagos, Nigeria
• Must be educated to degree level.
• Strong academic with a recognised and reputable accounting or finance qualification.
What’s on offer?
• Employee share options scheme
• Exceptional compensation package
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.