Mercy Corps - Is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps works in more than 40 countries to alleviate suffering and poverty by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Since 1979, mercy Corps has been helping people in the world's toughest places to turn crises into opportunities to thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
- To ensure full compliance with Nigeria tax laws in terms of deduction and remittance, rendering of return to void liabilities in the event of a fax audit on the country operations, Mercy Corps requires the services of a Tax Consultant who will provide tax advisory service which covers the answering of general as well as specific taxation issues and Professional services.
- The Tax Consultant will be engaged for the period of 12-months with possible renewal upon satisfactory performance.
- The cost of this consultancy will be borne by all the grants proportionately.
Purpose/ Project Description
- The overall purpose of this consultancy is to ensure full compliance by MCN with all tax laws to avoid any liabilities that could result from noncompliance or partial compliance.
- Consultant objectives are the same as listed under deliverables below.
The Consultant will:
- Review MNC's Financial and administrative operations to determine MC’s level of compliance with the relevant
- tax laws and provide advice or proffer corrective measures
- ensures prompt remittance of taxes and obtain evidence of payment and Certificates where necessary.
- To ensure that tax exemption certificate is obtained for MCN within the first month of this agreement.
- To ensure registration with the relevant tax authorities.
- To ensure that necessary exemptions on tax are obtained as well as other necessary certificates;
- Remittances of Monthly PAYE /VAT filling to all relevant tax offices
- Withholding Tax filling and remittance to all relevant tax offices within and outside Abuja.
- To apply for and obtain annual Personal Tax Clearance Certificate for all staff
- To provide professional advisory services/clarification with regards to ALL MCN tax processes as the need arises;
- Filling of annual returns with CAC
- Filling of annual returns with FIRS.
The Consultant will:
- Obtain Tax Exemption Certificate for Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Obtain Tax clearance certificate for staff for 2013 and 2014
- Obtain Registration Certificates/Number from the relevant tax authorities for MCN
- Provides Tax advisory services and other professional advice on a case by case basis as the need arise
- Obtain/provides evidence of payment for PAYE tax and Personal Tax Clearance Certificate for MC staff on a yearly basis.
- Obtain receipts for Withholding Tax Remittances -Vendors
- Provide evident for filling of Annual returns with CAC and FIRS.
Timeframe / Schedule:
- Monthly remittance of PAYE, obtaining receipt for relevant tax authorities and forwarding same to MC
- Monthly remittance of WHT for at federal and state level, obtaining credit notes and forwarding same to MC
- Monthly rendering of VAT returns at FIRS
- Yearly processing of staff tax clearance certificate
- Provide advice on specific issue that arise in the course of MC day to day activities
- Render yearly tax returns to CAC
- Files annual tax returns to FIRS
- Capacity statement/Proposal of organization
- Brief narrative of the services and prior relevant experiences
- Financial proposal (To be submitted in separate Envelope)
- At least three References who can be contacted.
- Copies of Company registration documents with relevant agencies.
Method of Application
Submit the required documents in a sealed envelope with the subject line "Application for Tax Consultancy" written on the right hand corner of the Envelope to:
The Operations Manager,
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
No 5 Peka Close,
Off Buchanan Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Click here to Download Job Description (PDF)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.