Management - Development and implementation of a strategy document to ensure value delivery of the quarry. -
-Oversee all operations, both on site and in the office, manage staff, coordinate production and monitor all site systems in the quarry
- Planning and implementing the master plan for expansion of the mining/quarry business
- Ensuring profitability of the business by ensuring maximum production at minimal cost.
Mining Operations -Select/develop location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating Quarry.
- Evaluate data in order to develop new Quarry products, equipment, or processes.
- Managing and regulating the quarry's budget
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork
- Design equipment and machinery optimisation plan in collaboration with other engineering specialists.
- Monitor mine production rates in order to assess operational effectiveness.
- Design, implement, and monitor the development of work sites, facilities, systems, and equipment.
- Design, develop, and implement computer applications for use in Quarry operations.
Production and performance monitoring
- Liaising with sales and commercial teams to balance sales and output
- Work closely with Production manager and Quality Manager to achieve set targets
- Altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required
- Providing the group with information and statistics on the quarry's performance
- Implement and coordinate Quarry safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices
- Ensure operators, repairers and engineers of the quarry follow all plant safety policies and track all departments to ensure that all policies are being followed
On site work activities
- closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard
- liaising with staff on site and dealing with any technical or staffing challenges that arise
- B.Sc/HND in Geology, Mining Engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 15 years Quarry production management experience, 5 of which must be at top management level
- Previous drilling and blasting, crushing, conveying and capital projects experience
- Passion for training and team development
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, maintenance, mineral processing and budgeting preferred
- Working knowledge of PC operations and software