Our client is one of the top three Insurance companies in Nigeria. As a result of expansion, there exists the vacancy for an Account Officer.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
• Generate invoices and credit notes
• Reconcile accounts receivable subsidiary ledger with general ledger
• Maintain aged debtors’ trial balance within policy thresholds and follow up customers with outstanding balances
• Prepare aged debtor lists and contact clients in order to procure outstanding payments
• Liaise with section managers; follow up of longstanding/delinquent debtors.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers
• Banking duties as required
Accounts payable and inventory
• Data entry of vendor invoices
• Maintenance of inventory data base
• Generate vendor payments as required
• Reconciliation of petty cash
• Assist with processing of credit card reconciliations
• Prepare month-end reconciliations, journals, accruals and pre-payments, to trial balance
• Prepare month-end sales & management reporting as necessary
• Prepare and process payroll as at when due
• Prepare, check and reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy of processing.
• Provide high quality, prompt advice to managers and staff on finance policies, processes and queries.
• Other administrative and accounts duties as assigned from time to time.
Education, Skills & Attributes
Qualified candidates should please forward CV’s to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Account Officer – Insurance’ as subject of mail. Only experienced candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date is 16th, February, 2015.