United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria is pleased to announce the following vacancy for suitably qualified non-Nigerian candidates as follows:
Level:L4 Temporary Appointment (TA) for 364 days
Location: Abuja, with frequent travel to the field
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the post:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, strengthening and scaling up UNICEF’s child protection response to the emergency in the North East of Nigeria, to ensure that the needs of children affected by the armed conflict are met.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Competencies required:
· Advanced degree in social work, social science or related field
· A minimum of 8 years of experience in child protection programming
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in child protection programming in emergencies
· Experience of programming on UASC and DDR is desirable
· Experience of managing teams
· Fluency in English
· Excellent communication skills
· Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions
Candidates interested in the above position should submit his/her application, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/employ) to the email address below on or before Thursday, 5 February 2015.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.Zero tolerance of sexual abuse and exploitation is our policy.