The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 13 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 59 warehouses and distribution centers.
Department: Quality & Sustainability
Job Role: Shift Quality Assurance Manager
The Shift Quality Assurance Manager reports to the Quality Assurance Manager in the Plant. The key job responsibilities include:
- Coordinates all Quality, Food Safety and Environmental activities in the Shift. Develop and implement appropriate procedures in line with the CocaCola Operating Requirement, CocaCola Hellenic Requirement and ISO standards to ensure all products meet stipulated quality and food safety standards and are produced and stored under conditions that make them fit for human consumption. Making sure that all generated waste are properly managed.
- Supervise and drive all Quality and Food safety Improvement initiatives and measures to achieve effective operations of all bottling equipment that could have negative impact on products quality and food safety and ensure proper functioning of all laboratory and production equipments, water treatment plant, syrup mixing and effluent treatment plant etc.
- Monitor and control the quality assurance testing program for all ingredients, raw and packaging materials, process inspection, intermediate products and finished products to produce high quality products.
- Ensure the Housekeeping /Hygiene of infrastructure and work environment within the manufacturing and total plant operating area. Ensure implementation of Consumer complaints reduction programs. Handle Consumer Complaints in a proactive and efficient manner that ensures the complainant’s satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for and facilitate the formalization of plants’ manufacturing / operational processes.
- Ensure effective implementation of Pest control of the total plant.
- Championing full implementation of Food Safety Management System in the facility.
- Ensure full implementation of HACCP and microbiological monitoring programs within the manufacturing function.
- Ensure plant operations in the shift is in compliance with all local and TCCC requirements on Environmental Management System set to preserve and protect the operating environment through effective:
- Effluent management & discharge
- Solid waste management and disposal
- Hazardous Energy control
- Fleet management to minimize effect of fleet operations on environment.
- Maintain cooperate and responsive social citizenship with the plant operating community.
- Environmental metrics collation
- Risk assessment of workplace
- Creating awareness on OHS among associates and train them on OHS requirement
- Ensure compliance to good house keeping GHK
- Develop safe systems of work
- Ensure full compliance to PPE
- Report and investigate all incident and accident at workplace
- Attend to consumer and public complaints on product quality and liaise with government regulatory bodies on matters relating to product quality and environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND / BSC in Food Science and Technology or Applied Sciences.
- At least 3 to 7 years experience in the FMCG Sector and must be in the CSD sector. Skills required for the role include;Excellent communication, planning, basic Cost management.
- Result Focused, Analytical,Team work and IT skills.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale