UNICEF is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
The emergency in the northeast of Nigeria has led to large scale displacement of civilians with the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) estimating 1.5 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the six states of the Northeast. The increasing number of unaccompanied and separated children (UASC), including children orphaned in the ongoing hostilities, is a growing issue of concern. There is a pressing need for the Child Protection Programme to scale up its interventions in North East to meet the needs of UASC, and in particular to support alternative care for UASC and the establishment and implementation of family tracing and reunification mechanisms.
If you are a Nigerian National who is passionate and a committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Job ID: VN-NGR-12-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 11 months
Purpose of the Post
- Under the supervision of the Chair, National ICCM taskforce/Health Specialist to provide Technical Assistance to Nigeria's National Integrated Community Case Management (ICCM).
- Task Force to support on-going efforts for implementation of ICCM in Nigeria.
Qualifications and Competencies Experience Required
- Advance Degree in Health or related field of studies and more than ten (10) years of Child survival experience.
- knowledge of community based delivery, ICCM, and malaria Control/Elimination Program
- Previous in-depth experience in a country that has scaled-up the implementation of ICCM
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring child health programs
- Strong writing and analytic skills. The candidate is required to provide samples of previous writings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in complex team settings
go to method of application »
Purpose of the Post
- Under the supervision of the Maternal New-born Child Health Specialist to lead, advice, develop and oversee implementation anti activation of all significant activities of the U-Report system as specified in the U-Report Implementation Plan.
Qualifications and Competencies experience Required
- An advance Degree in International Affairs, International Relations, International Development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. A combination of an advanced Degree and relevant practical experience may be substituted for the particular fields mentioned.
- Experience working across multiple communication medium (TV, prints, radio and online)
- Experience leading advertising campaign strategy, media planning and implementation. Work experience with U-Report ore related platforms an advantage.
- Experience of project management in digital specific programs with a successful track record.
- A good understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of communication, technology, youth participation and partnership goals.
- Good understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events
- Proven ability to interact diplomatically with high-level decision makers as well as working directly with community level partners.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with national and international organisations
- Proven skills in negotiation, networking, strategic thinking and advocacy.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Experience managing and leading teams
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing message and priorities with multiple audiences.
- Ability to travel and work in remote and sometimes insecure locations
- Fluency in writing and verbal English is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application, accompanied by an updated CV in English and a completed United National Personal History Form, which can be download below and sent to: email@example.com
Click Here to Download the United Nations Personal History Form
- Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
- UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.