Jobs at Action Against Hunger (ACF International)
Posted on: 24 November, 2011
Deadline: 9 December, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-Inter
Action Against Hunger | ACF International is a registered charity founded in 1979 now operating in 37 countries. ACF in Nigeria is seeking young motivated and experienced professionals to support start up of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities in Yobe state.
WASH Deputy Programme Manager (1 postion)
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to water, sanitation and hygiene, or training/course related to WASH in development contexts.
Minimum of 2 years work experience. Applied skills on WASH project management; interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills).
Technical Officer (1 position)
Higher National Diploma in engineering, construction or related discipline and professional experience in building projects linked to water and sanitation. Good WASH technical knowledge.
Hygiene Promotion Officer (3 positions)
Bachelors degree or HND in education, health and hygiene promotion or related discipline and training experience. knowledge of organizing sanitary surveys and using conventional approach methods (CLTS, PHAST, PRA, RRA, CORE, etc)
Overall required Skills for all posts
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to innovate and to set priorities, manage work plans, draft reports and evaluate progress with strong interest in sustainability.
- Experience in capacity building, participatory techniques and training
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organization's staff
- Computer literate
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in english and hausa essential. Fluency in kanouri a plus.
- Independence, adaptability, rigour and flexibility
- Good knowledge of the intervention area and of public health issues
- Commitment to team work and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and approach.
Desirable Skills for All Posts
Previous experience with local and international NGOs
Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
Method of Application
Applications, including motivation letter, CV and scanned credentials are to be sent to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews to be held in mid december.
Deadline for submission of applications is 9 December, 2011 at 5pm (Abuja time)
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Action Against Hunger | ACF-InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- Job Vacancy at Adam Smith International
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)