WAICA Reinsurance Corporation Plc is a public limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Sierra Leone (Companies Act 2009) on 7th March 2011. The main objective of the company is to provide reinsurance services to the insurance sector in West Africa and other regions.
WAICA Reinsurance Corporation is seeking to employ the following persons who will work primarily at the head office in Freetown, Sierra Leone:
The successful candidates will support the Director (Technical) in achieving the strategic and operational leadership of the overall objectives of the Corporations technical operations.
Key Responsibilities will include Amongst Others:
- Head Technical/marketing Operations of a unit in the Corporation
- Take sound Underwriting decisions in the best interest of the corporation.
- Acceptance of new business for the Corporation (treaty and facultative).
- Rating of Treaty/Treaty negotiation/Quotations.
- Design appropriate reinsurance programme for the cedants
- Supervise the preparation of reinsurance technical accounts/annual accounts.
- Prepare treaty wordings/agreement/addendum.
- Adequate knowledge of claims processing and settlement/documentation
- Provide vision, leadership & direction for the unit
- Excellent marketing ability
- Any other duties that the Director (Technical) may assign to him/her.
- Bachelors degree in insurance or any of the Social Sciences
- ACII qualification or its recognized equivalent
- An MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- 7 years post qualification experience with not less than 2 years at the management level.
- Good team spirit
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to expertly utilise technology to enhance efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse audiences.
- Work experience in a high energy, fast paced team focused environment,
- Good knowledge of the African Insurance Market.
- Interested applicants, who must not be more than 45 years, can send their signed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with a passport size photo to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale