Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
- Assist with the quantity surveying and commercial responsibilities for the projects, provide advice to other surveyors, assistants and trainees
- Assist with the negotiation and set up of contractual arrangements with sub-contractors conferring as necessary with the engineering team and operations team
- Firm understanding of estimating
- Play integral role in negotiation of new contracts to ensure commercial conditions are suitable
- Review enquiries documents
- Conduct regular commercial review of contracts
- Compile and submission of valuations
- Produce cost project reports
- Control and maximize revenue from projects
- Assist with the quantity surveying requirements in the tender department
- Assisting projects by providing guidance on contractual issues
- Assist with the development of claims when required on projects. Assist claims submission by means of identification of heads of claim, ensuring assimilation of information and data
- Good analytical skills and a high level of understanding quantity surveying principles around budget development, benchmarking, risks analysis and cost control are absolutely essential in this role, as is a proven record and ability to work with diverse teams to achieve the best approach for the business.
- Actively and visibly promote company health and safety standards and requirements.
- Deliver the project / services to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all clients and client appointed consultants.
- Promote Discipline, Professional conduct and respect across the company.
- Ensure the project / service is completed to budget and return the best possible profit contribution to the Company.
- Ensure that high quality standards are maintained and that project / service achieves the required quality standards.
- Manage commerical teams effectively.
- Promote modern methods of construction.
- Maintain a professional relationship with company departments and functions.
- Promote the company at all times.
- Set a professional example to all Company staff.
Health and Safety
- Promote Health and Safety on the Project at all times.
- Take an active, visible role in the promotion of Health and Safety by leading regular Health and Safety meetings and visibly and actively championing Health and Safety.
- Support the Health and Safety department in all its initiatives.
- Promote the Company and Company’s ability at all times and ensure that team members promote the Company at all times.
- Ensure the project / service is delivered to meet the requirements of our Client.
Maintain Professional Conduct / Communication
- Ensure that professional conduct, communication, discipline and cultural respect is installed in all project teams. Actively promote this requirement at all times.
- Ensure that project site are set up and run professionally.
- Lead and direct effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among various project participants.
- Where required assist with undertaking feasibility studies for potential developments / projects.
Commercial Management / Commercial interface
- Assist and coordinate deliverables with the pre-construction design team to provide information to the commercial team.
- Prepare the commercial evaluation to pre-qualify Bidders
- Ensure adequacy of detailed scope of work for specific bid / tender packages
- Ensure technical department provide adequate design information for tendering purposes.
- Assist with the preparation of order of magnitude and budget estimates.
- Produce bid lists / identifying companies that are capable of undertaking the respective scope of works.
- Prepare comprehensive tender documents.
- Prepare and issue addendums to tenderers when required.
- Prepare pre-tender estimates.
- Assist with mid bid and post tender meetings, where required and assist with all commercial and technical requirements to evaluate tenders.
- Prepare commercial assessment and tender reports with recommendations.
- Prepare project risk assessment and report.
- Conduct post bid award kick off and hand over meetings.
- Prepare detailed construction allowable budgets for each project.
- Prepare procurement matrices identifying proposed subcontractors, own works and supply only works.
- Constantly monitor the pre-construction cost of the project and use this information to make informed decisions required for effective and efficient control of pre-construction costs.
- Ensure that pre-construction project teams follow commercial processes and do not deviate from these.
- Prepare, issue and manage all subcontractor packages/RFP’s.
- Attend all site meetings and subcontractor site meetings and prepare and contribute to all commercial aspects required, like tracking of RFI’s, change orders, delays, claims, etc.
- Identify client change orders, value and issue appropriate variations.
- With the project managers, manage all project procurement of materials, plant, labour and subcontractors to ensure that adequate cost monitoring and cost control is maintained.
- Prepare all monthly valuations with both subcontractors and clients and prepare and issue appropriate invoices and payments.
- Prepare monthly cost value reports, working closely with both project managers and accounting and supply chain departments to ensure that P&L is correctly allocated.
- Collaborate with and assist estimating team to prepare all required estimating. Estimating is carried out on proprietary software
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Resources managed efficiently and effectively.
- Professional management approach and example set to other staff.
- Project teams work effectively and professionally together.
- Positive feedback from the Client regarding the commercial team.
- Positive feedback from interaction of project team members with other company departments.
- Challenges dealt with effectively.
- Projects completed within budget.
- Timely and effective reporting.
- Accurate and effective reporting
Key internal interfaces
JNL Health and Safety, Plant Department, Finance, HR, Administration, Supply Chain, Security, Technical and Maintenance personnel.
Key external interfaces
- Project Stakeholders
- At least 5-10years of related experience
- Proficiency and skill level with the following software is mandatory:
- MS Excel – Advanced
- MS Word – Standard
- MS Outlook – Standard
- Proficiency and skill level with the following software is preferred:
- MS PowerPoint – Standard
- MS Project – Standard
- MS Visio - Knowledgeable
- ERP system – Knowledgeable
- Proficiency and skill level the following is mandatory:
- English spoken and written – Very Good
- Report writing – Standard
- Proficiency and skill level the following is recommended:
- FIDIC Contracts – Knowledgeable
- JNL uses proprietary software for estimating (FastEstimate), contract administration (Corecon v7) and on-screen take-off (CostX). It is a requirement of the commercial manager to utilise these three software’s for all commercial functions as required. Training will be provided.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale