Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Rapid Response Specialist directly reports to the Field Coordinator and leads the program emergency team in Yobe State, Nigeria. The Rapid Response Specialist is responsible for providing strategic leadership and administrative oversight of the emergency response. She/he will lead the needs identification, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of emergency activties. He/she is responsible for exploring opportunities for scaling up and expand the emergency response in line with country strategic plan. The incumbent ensures that new relief programs are designed in a way they will be transitioning into long term development opportunities.
You’re a seasoned Emergency Coordinator
- You have a university degree in International Development, Public Health, International Humanitarian Assistance, or any food security, agriculture, social science.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience managing programs in acute humanitarian emergencies.
You are passionate about finding effective solutions
- You encourage your team to deliver life-saving activities, supporting them while they work in difficult conditions. You help teams manage difficult situations & then work with them so their energies remain focused on delivering those quality activities which will most impact our beneficiaries.
- Your experience allows you to remain are calm & articulate under pressure. You are a strong advocate for improving the humanitarian assistance to those most in need, able to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
Your work style encourages trust & resilience within the emergency team
- You intuitively adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You monitor the impact that the demanding activities & stressful security conditions may have on the emergency teams, actively working with Country Director & HR team to ensure that staff are appropriately supported.
- You keep the emergency teams updated with new developments in Nigeria, taking time to explain & explore with them the possible consequences of different situations.