JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD, FINANCE
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the MD/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the MD in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the MD with an operating budget. Work with the MD to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management,
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets,
- Accounting and financial management policy formulation, review and implementation.
- Budget and budgetary policy formulation, evaluation and review.
- Supervision of treasury department; company account position monitoring, bank reconciliations and daily cash book update.
- Reporting bank balance to Management weekly/monthly as the case may be
- Responsible for management account reports to management/MD
- Handles credit control activities in the following areas:
- Collection of receivable from debtors
- Reconciliation of debtors account
- Oversees statutory and regulatory returns in the following areas:
- Tax returns for PAYE, withholding Tax etc.
- Corporate Affairs Commissions Returns
- Prepares periodic statutory and regulatory returns e.g. CAC, FIRS, BIR
- Drafts quarterly and annual accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Deep accounting knowledge.
- Computer literate especially accounts packages.
- Must be conversant with ICT account practice.
- Experience in ICT industry is an added advantage.
- General managerial/ administration skills
- Leadership skills
- Organization and coordination skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree or HND in Accounting or related discipline
- Must be a chartered Accountant
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Not less than five years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 100 staff persons.
- Must have managerial experience