FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation
The Senior Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation, will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities at national level and in different state and zonal offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
• Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
• Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
• Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
• Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
• Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
• Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
• Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
• Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
• Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
• Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
• Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
• Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
• Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies.
• Oversees all aspects of the programs/projects.
• Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
• Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings.
• Develops and monitors work plans.
• Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
• Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
To apply for this position, click here