The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2) is looking for skilled, creative and enthusiastic individuals to contribute and work within this dynamic 5 year project.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to bettering health in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly "make a difference"
- A competitive salary with benefits
The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2) is a 5 year country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in northern Nigeria. Funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), it is being implemented by a consortium comprising of Futures Group, Society for Family Health (SFH), Options, Mansion Daniels (MD), Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), Axios, and Marie Stopes International (MSI). MNCH 2 will be implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator will have responsibility for the select administrative and financial components of the project at the state levels, including any reporting required therein.
- S/he will work in conjunction with HQ- based management, operations and finance staff to ensure that donor and organizational requirements, policies and procedures are met.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator will provide operational support to the project such as maintaining accurate book keeping tasks and management of cashbook under the supervision of the Finance and Administrating Manager.
- Prepare suppliers payment transaction vouchers.
- Maintain petty cash in the safe and ensure petty cash reconciliation is undertaken.
- Receive and monitor invoices and cash payment requests vouchers so ensure timely processing.
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approved payment vouchers received.
- Prepare cheque and bank letters / pay schedules for approval and make the payment.
- Update by posting entries to the weekly bank and petty cash transaction summaries and submit the same to the Finance Manager.
- Replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Ensure MNCH2 policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Carry out cash count as per the MNCH2 policy and schedule.
- Maintain a filing system of the payment documents in a professional manner.
- Liaise with staff on document completion and proper coding based on the standard chart of account.
- Scan the payment supporting documents and post the same on Futures Share Point platform
- Contribute so she overall objective of MNCH2 program by providing quality supports service to the technical team.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in providing administrative, operational and logistical support
- Minimum three years’ experience with an NGO and/or donor-funded programme managing operations and administration of projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners, and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple activities as well us across results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organization
- Experience working with DFID funded programs is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
go to method of application »
- The Strategic Planning Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring State health systems are better planned, budgeted and coordinated to improve their effectiveness and efficiency in providing quality, accessible and affordable MNCH services.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team to design and implement a results-based programme of technical support to improve planning, budgeting, governance and accountability in support of the programme’s objective to achieve effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, new-horns and children, alongside routine immunisation.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen health system coordination through improved health sector planning, financing and measuring performance.
- Supporting the State Team Leader and other team members in planning, budgeting and monitoring work plans and budget implementation.
- Excellent networking and facilitation skills and a positive approach to collaboration with government officials and CSOs in Nigeria.
- Senior level experience in planning and budgeting, preferably in performance/results based planning and budgeting, preferably in the health sector.
- Experience in working with senior Nigerian government officials and technical cadres to improve capacity and performance.
- Skills in supporting and supervising junior staff especially Nigerian consultants, and a good attitude to teamwork in a fast-paced programme environment.
- Willingness to travel to rural north-west Nigeria to work at LGA level.
- An excellent grounding in how to deliver responsive maternal, neonatal, and child health services, including immunisation.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CV's with a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position and state for which you are applying in the subject line. For example "Strategic Planning Coordinator-Katsina". Only applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.