Guinness Nigeria (GN) is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Nigeria. It has the vision of being the Nigeria’s No 1 brewer.
Nigeria has a “High” security risk rating in major cities due to widespread violent crimes. Significant threats may develop due to identified risk all of which pose a threat to operations. Guinness Nigeria employs more than 1,210 personnel throughout Nigeria, including expatriates and their families, and receives hundreds of international visitors yearly.
Purpose of Role
To provide a continuous, coordinated and comprehensive security service, of the highest quality, ensuring that threats to company personnel, assets and business operations are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
Financial: The Security Manager oversees an operation that must secure millions of sterling worth of stock and machinery
Market Complexity: The role will have support responsibility for a complex range of security services ranging from personnel/travel security management, physical/facility security, and events security coordination to investigations wherever these services are required.
Key relationships are:
- The Head of Security and all GN Heads of Functions.
- The entire Security Team, the HSE team, the Quality, and the Customer Services Team
- The local law enforcement (Police/Military) and all other government agencies and Security Heads of other international and large local companies within the country.
- Top management of local guarding, alarm and other security companies
- Location Managers and risk owners on the technical standards of security and the quality of professional expertise required throughout the location, including that required for
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Business Security Management in a senior level/capacity. A law enforcement background is required.
- A university degree is desirable with a minimum of 2nd class honours
- Experience in conducting, recording and reporting timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews
- A detailed knowledge of all aspects of physical and electronic security, specifically: locks, building security, control of access procedures, perimeter protection, the use of Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Detection Systems (IDS).
- Understand the principles involved in the protection of Company information, including that which is computer based, and the measures/procedures required to achieve this.
- Ability to provide security input to Business Continuity Plans, Contingency Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans and Evacuation Plans.
- Exposure to formal and informal security trainings in the required fields: facility security, electronic surveillance, investigations, personal security programs, supply chain security
- Vast depth in knowledge and experience of the Security field
- Demonstrate understanding of inter and intra-relationships between different functions
- Actively promote and live the Diageo Values and Capabilities
- Advise/Support the Head of Security Location Managers and risk owners on appropriate security measures so as to ensure that standards are maintained on an on-going basis
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to employ analytical skills to contemporary problems
- Inability to make ‘over the horizon’ risk/threat assessments
- Absence of networking and external engagement capability
- Lack of personal integrity
Flexible Working Options
Fully mobile and available on a 24-hour basis to respond to incidents and crises
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Click on Search Openings, Select Nigeria and click Search.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale